Scanners

HPNFlyGirl

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iBrookieMonster
I was wondering if any of you knew of a nice police/fire/aviation scanner to purchase. My old one just went kaput. :(

Brooke, I have been using a BearCat for about 10 years. I use it for listening to ATC and at Nascar races where it takes a beating. Haven't had a problem with it at all.
Unfortunately local police has gone digital which means I can't listen to what's going on in town :mad:

I have the Radio Shack hand held and it's complicated to operate. It could be just me though.:)

I also have the Uniden Bearcat 350, I bought it refurb'd more then ten years ago and it's still going strong.

Yea, but my ratty old Bearcat gets the 900 MHz band. As much as I hate to admit it, it's interesting what you can hear on that band :eek:

What is there other than police and fire?

Cellular is at 800 and mostly all digital now so that is no longer any fun to try and listen to. There is some ham stuff on 900 but not much.

What is there other than police and fire?

Cellular is at 800 and mostly all digital now so that is no longer any fun to try and listen to. There is some ham stuff on 900 but not much.

Scott,

900MHz is one of the "garbage bands" and most likely still has a lot of analog cordless (not cellular) phones on it.

Back