Scam Alert!

texagaviator

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
texagaviator
Hi guys, I wanted to alert y'all to a scam I'm currently dealing with. The store is called "Touch and Go Pilot Supply" out of Houston.

I made an internet purchase for an Ifly 74b on June 14th through touch & Go pilot supply (tagpilotsupply.com).

The sent me an order confirmation. Subsequently, I have not received the GPS unit, one hour after placing my order, they increased the
price on their site by $150.00, and days later, increased the price again by another $25.00.

They will not answer the phone, return phone calls or answer internet inquires.

His web site also lists his operating location as 20803 Stuebner Airline #29 affiliated with Texas Flight at Hooks Airport.

I learned that the registered company owner was a previous flight instructor for Texas Flight, and has no relationship with Texas Flight, nor does he have a legitimate business at that location.

Sounds like their customer service can be pretty touch and go…

Hopefully you paid by credit card, so if you don't get it, or are overcharged, you can dispute and get the charges reversed.

Hi guys, I wanted to alert y'all to a scam I'm currently dealing with. The store is called "Touch and Go Pilot Supply" out of Houston.

I made an internet purchase for an Ifly 74b on June 14th through touch & Go pilot supply (tagpilotsupply.com).

The sent me an order confirmation. Subsequently, I have not received the GPS unit, one hour after placing my order, they increased the
price on their site by $150.00, and days later, increased the price again by another $25.00.

They will not answer the phone, return phone calls or answer internet inquires.

His web site also lists his operating location as 20803 Stuebner Airline #29 affiliated with Texas Flight at Hooks Airport.

I learned that the registered company owner was a previous flight instructor for Texas Flight, and has no relationship with Texas Flight, nor does he have a legitimate business at that location.

Before claiming this business is a scam, did you check for a charge on your credit card?

Sounds to me like one of many pilot supply sites that are on the internet. They aren’t scams, but they are dysfunctional or closed businesses.

I think I might have actually been there before, if it's the place I'm thinking of, it's run out of a hangar, and yeah, it was 1-2 people max running the show.

Maybe call the FBO or Airport manager and ask about them, see if that will rattle their cage a bit?

They may be waiting for the delivery of the unit,before they can ship it to you. Did they charge you the price increase? Have you tried texting your concerns to the company. Good luck.

OP I believe you need this...

scam

verb
scammed; scamming; scams
Definition of scam (Entry 2 of 2)

transitive verb

1: to deceive and defraud (someone)… the law firm had got the lucrative job of defending the corporate head of a savings and loan that had scammed another thousand or so people out of their savings …— Joseph Wambaugh
2: to obtain (something, such as money) by a scamA Boston hedge fund manager who scammed millions of dollars from friends, family and other investors in what authorities say was a Ponzi scheme has been sent to prison for more than 14 years.— The Worcester (Massachusetts) Telegram & Gazette

Back