SC82 - Oakhill Airpark Home for Sale

WakeNCAgent

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Louis
A friend of mine just informed me that he has a listing for sale at the Oakhill Airpark south of Greenville, SC. Home brings a hangar (44x34) and is situated on a grass strip measuring 2400x100. I've never marketed this type of property before. Maybe some of you who bought similar homes can provide some suggestions which you found helpful. I imagine there are specialty forums or publications that focus on airpark properties. Any help would be appreciated.

Link to Home Listing

A friend of mine just informed me that he has a listing for sale at the Oakhill Airpark south of Greenville, SC. Home brings a hangar (44x34) and is situated on a grass strip measuring 2400x100. I've never marketed this type of property before. Maybe some of you who bought similar homes can provide some suggestions which you found helpful. I imagine there are specialty forums or publications that focus on airpark properties. Any help would be appreciated.

Link to Home Listing

Small nit. The listing repeatedly mentions a "hanger", not a "hangar". I'm not normally a spelling or grammar Nazi, but hey...

I'd suggest checking out this site...

http://livingwithyourplane.com/

Otherwise, trade-a-plane has a bunch of listings for residenctial air parks. I'd also mention Craigslist, as people searching something specific like an airport home will be looking there as well.

Whatever you do, make sure the words airport, airpark, runway, hangar, etc. are in the ad. It helps with property searches.

Small nit. The listing repeatedly mentions a "hanger", not a "hangar". I'm not normally a spelling or grammar Nazi, but hey...

I'd suggest checking out this site...

http://livingwithyourplane.com/

Otherwise, trade-a-plane has a bunch of listings for residenctial air parks. I'd also mention Craigslist, as people searching something specific like an airport home will be looking there as well.

Whatever you do, make sure the words airport, airpark, runway, hangar, etc. are in the ad. It helps with property searches.

I'll mention it to Dave. I'd also like to clarify for the POA community that I am not the listing agent for the home, but just trying to gather some information for a colleague that works in SC. In the spirit of full disclosure I am a full time real estate agent in the Raleigh. I appreciate the feedback.

One of the concerns many pilots have when looking at an airpark is what protections are there to insure the runway remains. Who is the runway owned by, how is it governed, etc.

One of the concerns many pilots have when looking at an airpark is what protections are there to insure the runway remains. Who is the runway owned by, how is it governed, etc.

When we moved here, our concern was the high price of the homes for what they are with a small market for resale. It's a hard sell to someone who's not retired.

When we moved here, our concern was the high price of the homes for what they are with a small market for resale. It's a hard sell to someone who's not retired.

Somehow I missed you were on a airpark. I agree they are tough to purchase, we've been scared off several times, usually when the neighbors tell you all the things you better do if you expect to live there.

As an aside: You know how were always talking about how little most aircraft fly. Look at this ad for the Dallas Airpark. Scroll down to the pictures of the hangar. Looks tough to get out for a trip around the pattern, BUT he is an airplane owner.

http://airportproperty.net/Texas/North_Texas/Air_Park-Dallas/6345F/6345_Fairchild.htm

As an aside: You know how were always talking about how little most aircraft fly. Look at this ad for the Dallas Airpark. Scroll down to the pictures of the hangar. Looks tough to get out for a trip around the pattern, BUT he is an airplane owner.

http://airportproperty.net/Texas/North_Texas/Air_Park-Dallas/6345F/6345_Fairchild.htm

Did he build the hangar around the Mooney? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
ahangar.jpg

Somehow I missed you were on a airpark. I agree they are tough to purchase, we've been scared off several times, usually when the neighbors tell you all the things you better do if you expect to live there.

Sorry, we aren't at an airpark, but my wording was unclear. We looked at air parks (briefly) when we knew we were moving here. We decided not to because of concerns about resale, high purchase price, locations, etc.

Maybe one day. :)

I've seen systems like that before. The pillars come out, they allow you to use regular doors and make it look more like a regular garage

Back