SB50

SB50 rings are only being cut for the panthers anyways ;-)

Panthers.

And the Broncos will be lucky if the Panthers don't put the fangs into them. Cam Newton is very impressive, and the defence has eaten the Cardinals, leaving but a few blood-colored feathers on the ground.

I'm a Manning fan. I'd love to see the Broncos win the Super Bowl and for Peyton to call it quits. Go out on a high note.

We will see though.

Newton deserves league MVP this year. Seriously. But I do hope the Orange Crush Defense can make it a hell of a fight.

Our offense continues to scare the hell out of me weekly. They need to DRIVE and not act like there will be another set of downs ever again.

I'm a Manning fan. I'd love to see the Broncos win the Super Bowl and for Peyton to call it quits. Go out on a high note.

We will see though.
Agreed. Peyton is, and always has been, a class act. I hope the Broncos win and he can retire with another ring.

I don't like Cam Newton. No doubt he's a good player but his attitude isn't that great.

Agreed. Peyton is, and always has been, a class act. I hope the Broncos win and he can retire with another ring.

I don't like Cam Newton. No doubt he's a good player but his attitude isn't that great.

I'm in the same boat, I like Peyton and don't like Scam, but he's a hell of a player. I would love to see Denver win, but I think it's going to be Carolina by 10-14. Good thing I don't bet on football!! :rolleyes:

Rooting for Broncos, but fear 56-12 Panthers win!

That was definitely a catch. Cost the Panthers a touchdown and and the game.

That was definitely a catch. Cost the Panthers a touchdown and and the game.

Remember this is the NFL, a multi billion dollar industry, they have no idea what a catch us, from week to week!!:mad2:

So I'm hearing the Panthers lost based on one call and it had nothing to do with the Broncos putting Cam on his azz several times? Interesting.

Cam Newton. No doubt he's a good player but his attitude isn't that great.

This right here! His post game news conference showed that. Tough to lose the big one, but he is the NFL MVP. Walk out of the news conference? Recall a couple years ago when the Broncos got smoked, and compare Peyton afterwards w/ Newton. Big difference, but Peyton has always been about class. I thought that Carolina would win but thought it would be close w/ the Denver defense. Congrats to Denver! Cam, shame on you.

So I'm hearing the Panthers lost based on one call and it had nothing to do with the Broncos putting Cam on his azz several times? Interesting.

Losers always come up with lame excuses. :yesnod:

Denver's defense carries the day, congratulations.

Actually both teams were pretty sloppy. Not the best performance by the offense or defense on either team. Cam started choking early though and that pretty much made the difference.

This right here! His post game news conference showed that. Tough to lose the big one, but he is the NFL MVP. Walk out of the news conference? Recall a couple years ago when the Broncos got smoked, and compare Peyton afterwards w/ Newton. Big difference, but Peyton has always been about class. I thought that Carolina would win but thought it would be close w/ the Denver defense. Congrats to Denver! Cam, shame on you.
I didn't see the post game press conference but I'm not surprised if he acted that way. He has a lot of maturing to do.

Very glad to see Denver win. If Peyton chooses to retire he'll be able to do so with another ring and going out the right way.

I didn't see the post game press conference but I'm not surprised if he acted that way. He has a lot of maturing to do.

Very glad to see Denver win. If Peyton chooses to retire he'll be able to do so with another ring and going out the right way.
Yeah, I have a policy of never watching the loser press conference. When they come on, I just play the opening speech from "Patton":

When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, the big league ball players, the toughest boxers. Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time. Now, I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost and will never lose a war. Because the very thought of losing is hateful to Americans.

Now, an army is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap. The bilious bastards who wrote that stuff about individuality for the Saturday Evening Post don't know anything more about real battle than they do about fornicating.

I don't want to hear about the emotions and game plan from the losers. They lost. I don't care about what happened, their excuses, or whatever. I don't want to catch what they have.

I thought for a while there we were going to win on the basis of our kicker, and our Defense scoring. As much as I love PFM and think he's a class act, the offense was atrocious, just like they've been all season, except maybe under Brock. Maybe my blood pressure can come down now that the season is over. That was all on the Defense yesterday, and the focus on PFM after the game was somewhat annoying. Thankfully Miller got the MVP, but that whole Defense deserved it. They saved every damned game, all year long.

A number of friends and I have been carrying on a live chat during games and we've decided that Kubiak should patent a phrase... the "Crotch Run", where he keeps having PFM hand the ball off to CJ Anderson and/or Ronnie Hillman, who immediately runs into a lineman's crotch straight up the middle and comes to a halt.

Was surprised Carolina's defense wasn't better on the line yesterday -- that's where you really beat the Broncos... our O-line was mediocre at best all season. Keep them from opening any running holes, and it's over, because Kubiak convinced himself at Arrowhead that the damned running game works with a tiny back and a medium sized back, neither of which can stay on their feet.

I think Elway gets a lot of credit for completely changing up the team in two years, and making the depth on the Defense just absolutely amazing. Picking up Wade Phillips was brilliant too.

I think that yesterday may have been an even better Defensive showing in a Super Bowl than the '85 Bears. That was the year Wiber Marshall knocked Lion's QB Joe Fegurson unconsious in Game 16. And of course the whole Walter Payton "Super Bowl Shuffle" video...

Cam Newton showed his true colors in the post game show.

the way I see it, the panthers were beat fair and square... Newton didn't seem to be having fun (like usual) from the very beginning.... I think there was some "stage-fright" there... Peyton was in that "been here, done this before" mode... Newton is young and I think the whole thing was too overwhelming for him... All IMHO! Anyway... whole thing got too painful to watch after 2 1/2 quarters... I turned to Big Bang Theory!

Newton didn't seem to be having fun (like usual) from the very beginning.... I think there was some "stage-fright" there... !

I don't think he likes contact which you saw last night on that fumble and made no attempt to pounce on. He's been protected most of the year but Denver's defense got to him last night and slammed him to the ground. He also holds the ball too long. Look how quick Peyton got rid of it compared to Newton. Those defensive players can get there in 3-4 seconds so the QB better do something w/ the ball by 2-3 seconds.

As much as I love PFM and think he's a class act, the offense was atrocious, just like they've been all season, except maybe under Brock. Maybe my blood pressure can come down now that the season is over. That was all on the Defense yesterday, and the focus on PFM after the game was somewhat annoying. Thankfully Miller got the MVP, but that whole Defense deserved it. They saved every damned game, all year long.
QUOTE]

First of all, they always interview the QB, even sour grapes Newton :lol:. The press was hoping PM would say he's retiring so that's another reason he was getting a lot of attention. When he did the interviews, every time he credited the entire team and especially the defense. I was glad to see a defensive player get the MVP too.

ESPN is stirring the pot and saying Cam could hear Chris Harris Jr's presser in the next "room" through a curtain while he was being questioned.

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-pa...yed-a-role-in-cam-newton-walking-out-on-media

If true, the plan to rattle him by the D essentially continued working *after* the game.

Kid's young and is talented, he'll do fine... he just has zero press conference skill nor apparently the ability to ignore the press like most of the vets really do, and just stick to the script...

First of all, they always interview the QB, even sour grapes Newton :lol:. The press was hoping PM would say he's retiring so that's another reason he was getting a lot of attention. When he did the interviews, every time he credited the entire team and especially the defense. I was glad to see a defensive player get the MVP too.

And Budweiser... holy crap PFM, seriously? Working it on the sponsorships... sheesh. Every interview he said something about beer. :)

And Budweiser... holy crap PFM, seriously? Working it on the sponsorships... sheesh. Every interview he said something about beer. :)

Gotta get those sponsor 'feelers' out there for retirement! :D:yesnod:

.....ummm...... The Doritos commercial was pretty funny....!?:yawn::yawn:

SB50 was a lousy show. Bad football. Disappointing commercials. Lame halftime headliner.

SB50 was a lousy show. Bad football. Disappointing commercials. Lame halftime headliner.

Usually is every year, especially half time shows. They get worse every year, didn't watch half time this year as I have no use for racist Bouncy and that Mars dude, and not a fan of Cold Play. A lot of controversy going on with Bouncy's black power salute.

Back