Saxagliptin

Ultrabuzzard

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Ultrabuzzard
Hi Docs;

My Doctor wants to put me on Onglyza and Actos for my Type II Diabetes... I cannot find Onglyza in the database, but I did see Januvia listed in which apparently Onglyza is a class member. Any info on FAA's yeah or nay on this?

Out of curiosity, are you already on medication for your diabetes? Is your doctor changing or adding? I trust everything is under control now?

Out of curiosity, are you already on medication for your diabetes? Is your doctor changing or adding? I trust everything is under control now?

I've been on Metformin, but that alone isn't getting the job done, and now bloodwork indicates abnormal kidney functions to Doc wants to stop Met altogether. I won't take ANYTHING until I verify that it's an FAA aaproved med. I don't see Onglyza in the AOPA Med database.

Approved August 1, 2009 by F&DA means FAA will not consider it until One YEAR from that date, and not necessarily on that date.

Dr Bruce

Approved August 1, 2009 by F&DA means FAA will not consider it until One YEAR from that date, and not necessarily on that date.

Dr Bruce

Ok, thanks Doc, I'm gonna ask my Doc about Januvia instead. They appear to be related to each other and Januvia seems to be okiedokie with the FAA.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back