Saw this new SQUAWK code on Facebook today...

flhrci

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
David
126456182_437717957223989_8853424320323447617_n.jpg

I thought it was the squawk that you put in pre-emptively, if you think you might have an emergency later...you know, so you're prepared if things actually get bad at some later date... :D

Was just thinking - in 15 or 20 years, kids graduating college will have no idea what 2020 means.

Was just thinking - in 15 or 20 years, kids graduating college will have no idea what 2020 means.
Perhaps they will learn about it as the beginning of the dark ages.

We will more excess deaths (from COVID) in the USA this year alone than any single year during World War 2. And by early next year we may have more total deaths than in the entire war. I see 419,000 total deaths from all causes for the USA in WW2. Looks like we may pass that total figure this winter in as little as 2 months.

50% more people died from COVID (3660) on its deadliest day than did during the attack on Pearl Harbor (2403).

The Vietnam war only killed as many people (58,000) as will die in the next 30 days from COVID right now.

We should probably add medical workers to Veteran's Day celebrations from now on.

We will more excess deaths (from COVID) in the USA this year alone than any single year during World War 2. And by early next year we may have more total deaths than in the entire war. I see 419,000 total deaths from all causes for the USA in WW2. Looks like we may pass that total figure this winter in as little as 2 months.

50% more people died from COVID (3660) on its deadliest day than did during the attack on Pearl Harbor (2403).

The Vietnam war only killed as many people (58,000) as will die in the next 30 days from COVID right now.

We should probably add medical workers to Veteran's Day celebrations from now on.
......and five, four, three, two, one....

Because being around a virus that has little or no lasting effect on the vast majority of people is just has heroic as being in military combat, and the loss of life or limb is just as probable. Please, stop the hyperbole.

I am grateful for medical workers and the good they do, I take Covid seriously and take measures to protect myself and others from it, and don't deny its actual dangers in any way. However, assisting people, some of whom are known to have Covid, while wearing protective gear and adhering to rigorous sanitizing procedure is a far, FAR cry from armed combat.

Thank you for the work you do... It is appreciated by all of us. Those who served in combat served us at a much higher personal risk of greater personal cost.

There has been enough book-cooking of what constitutes a “COVID death” to make the mafia bosses running early Las Vegas proud.

Because being around a virus that has little or no lasting effect on the vast majority of people is just has heroic as being in military combat, and the loss of life or limb is just as probable. Please, stop the hyperbole.

I am grateful for medical workers and the good they do, I take Covid seriously and take measures to protect myself and others from it, and don't deny its actual dangers in any way. However, assisting people, some of whom are known to have Covid, while wearing protective gear and adhering to rigorous sanitizing procedure is a far, FAR cry from armed combat.

Thank you for the work you do... It is appreciated by all of us. Those who served in combat served us at a much higher personal risk of greater personal cost.

Very well stated.

It was been a busy year. The wife’s overtime checks have been helpful and the house has been quieter. Teleworking has given me the time to get some projects done around the house.

There has been enough book-cooking of what constitutes a “COVID death” to make the mafia bosses running early Las Vegas proud.
The kids and grandkids are running it now. They all have MBAs from Harvard and Wharton and know how to make more money legally in Vegas than the old guys did with guns and threats.

I thought we all turned the transponders off? Like a black ops type deal.

I am always grateful and respectful of those who serve in armed combat, but just to add perspective:
- in Afghanistan 22 service members were killed in all of 2019,
- in 2020, so far, more than 1700 healthcare workers have died of COVID.

These dedicated professionals, including my wife, put themselves at significant risk daily simply because of professional dedication to what is right and what is needed.

how many servicemen were in Afghanistan in 2019?

how many healthcare workers were in the US in 2019?

how many servicemen were in Afghanistan in 2019?

how many healthcare workers were in the US in 2019?
Don’t know..won’t do your Googling for you...but REALLY? that’s a caring response?

What’s IBTL? Like GUMPS? TOMATOFLAMES? GRABCARD?

Too many acronyms in aviation.

You say you're grateful, then make a comparison stating it's not comparable to combat. I lost a close medical co-worker to Covid, and work closely with several dozen more that are either unable to return to work from long term damage or returned with significant side effects/damage. One of the crews I worked with 3 weeks ago had a 10 out of 12 infection rate through PPE (I was one of the two) ... that gear has varying levels of effectiveness and here in El Paso, we've exhausted the good stuff. I'm from a military family and appreciate those in uniform whether it's military, law enforcement, fireman, or medical each has their own risk levels. A big shout out and thank you to the U.S. Air force, Texas National Guard, Brooke Army Medical Center and the several hundred private volunteers that have come to El Paso to help us these past 2 weeks.

These dedicated professionals, including my wife, put themselves at significant risk daily simply because of professional dedication to what is right and what is needed.

Appreciate what your wife does, and although I get exposed several times a day, I'm not in the ICU type environment with continuous non-stop wear/tear/fatigue for 9 months ... tell her thank you from me ...

Don’t know..won’t do your Googling for you...but REALLY? that’s a caring response?

Well, I certainly did my own googling. I was curious what YOUR point was, given the huge difference in the RATE.

My point was/is quite clear, independent of any contrived rate of incidence arguments.
Health care workers put themselves at significant personal risk <PERIOD>

I’m appreciative of everyone in service positions regardless of how they serve.

I am also aware that we no longer have conscripts in any of these roles so they all volunteer for those roles. This makes it even more special since they chose to serve.

I am also aware that there are like a metric **** ton of people in these roles so all I can afford to show appreciation is a very heartfelt thanks and if it’s a direct personal interaction I’ll buy the first round and let you have dibs on any stick in the collection.

Back