Saw something that warmed my heart

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
Tonight on the way home from work I stopped by the field as I do now and then just to clear my head ( its my happy place) or on the chance I'll run into Bob Ciotti or someone. Any way I stepped out of the terminal and heard a very rough and throaty sound somewhere on the field. Then I saw it. Two cars were parked next to a tiedown next to one of the Ramp Queens a Sundowner that I had not seen start or move in about 2 years. Last I looked bugs were on the glare shield. There were two guys in the plane cranking the engine over. At first it was rough certainly sounded as thought the mags had crud all over them. The lineman noticed it too we both looked at each other in happy amazement. It really bought a smile to my face. Now I dont' know if the engine or airframe will be worth a damn but hey they are giving it a shot.

That's always good news to hear about someone reviving an old derelict. I dare say that for every run down, weatherbeaten, forgotten old bird out there, somewhere is a proud owner-in-waiting just hoping for the chance to bestow some TLC to a long neglected airplane. :):)

Back