Saw an Eclipse 500

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
I'm just now finally dumping a month's worth of pictures off my camera, and realized I forgot to post about this. While I was in Dallas a couple weeks ago, waiting for Spike to pick me up, I was watching landing traffic at ADS. I heard Tower call to a very old Lear that was holding short to position and hold "behind that landing Eclipse." Huh? Did he just say what I think he did?

Sho'nuff, a shiny new Eclipse 500 landed right in front of me. Unfortunately, I didn't have the camera out at the time. Luckily, when Spike took me flying later on, guess who took off right in front of us?

DSCN3247.jpg

95-DSCN3249_original.jpg

DSCN3250.jpg

(That's my truck behind the jet in the 3rd pic)

Last edited:
Kent:

I was hoping that pic came out OK, that it did qualifies as luck, I think.

Wish I was flyin' today!

====
Edit:

Didn't they tell us "Caution wake turbulence" when we took off?

I was hoping that pic came out OK, that it did qualifies as luck, I think.

Luck/4. I snapped 4 pics. ;)

Didn't they tell us "Caution wake turbulence" when we took off?

Yeah. Somehow I don't think such a small, light jet has much in the way of wake turbulence. Maybe it's a standard thing to say after any jet?

I heard Tower call to a very old Lear that was holding short to position and hold "behind that landing Eclipse." Huh? Did he just say what I think he did?

I might just have to start saying "Eclipse" instead of "Diamond" when I fly the DA-20.

Luck/4. I snapped 4 pics. ;)
Yeah. Somehow I don't think such a small, light jet has much in the way of wake turbulence. Maybe it's a standard thing to say after any jet?

So how'd you like flying the Bonanza? Or did you already post that in another thread I missed?

Tower'll just put you on the longest RWY if you radio that.
Or, see what he really is and state possible runway obstruction... tell him to go around... upon downwind, give a couple 360's... help him increase that Hobbs time just for the fun of it. And even then, hope he doesn't have incoming IFR traffic to give priority to. :D

So how'd you like flying the Bonanza? Or did you already post that in another thread I missed?

I didn't really get a chance to put it through the paces... Felt like an airplane to me. ;) I'm a bit headroom-challenged in it, but not enough to keep from enjoying the flight.

Back