Saw a man get tazed and arrested today

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Totally unexpected. I was standing in Terminal 6 at LAX, talking on the phone with one of my employees, coordinating events while I would be out of the office traveling. Like 5 feet in front of me, I saw an officer approach a man from behind and tell him to put his hands behind his head.

The man complied and then shot me the weirdest look I have ever seen. It was a vacant smile, not too dissimilar from the look on Private Pyle's face in Full Metal Jacket. He then shoved the officer and took off, not quite running, but certainly faster than a walk.

At the urging of my employee, I hung up and started video taping the event. I followed the officer who grabbed the guy near the stairs by gate 63, and the guy pushed him away. It looked like they were going to square off in fisticuffs but obviously that didn't happen. The guy still had that weird look in his eyes as he proceeded up the stairs away from the officer.

At this point, the officer pulled his Taser out and shouted "taser, taser, don't make me taze you, I don't want to do it!" But the man continued. I have no idea what the end goal was as he was headed into a dead end.

BZZTAT!!

The man dropped. Almost immediately, a plain clothed man approached, showed his badge and pulled his gun (a real gun) and pointed it at the man's head. "DON'T MOVE!!" he shouted.

When the man got up and started to leave again, the plain clothes officer readied his gun, and I was certain I was going to watch a murder right in front of me. Thankfully, either the first officer hit him again with the Taser, or the man's legs were still not steady after the first tazing, because he dropped again and it was over. The man was cuffed and detained.

Crazy stuff. Seems this stuff always follows me. I have seen an awful lot of weird **** in my life...

Below is the video I took...

The cops call guys like you and me "**** magnets". Weird things like this happen to me all the time.

Anything wrong with this ?

Well, what is wrong is that LAPD apparently still doesn't have a grip on the security situation at LAX. After the deranged shooter last year, you would think that they have more than a lone office to confront someone who jumps the security checkpoint. TSA as always was utterly useless and it took a random air-marshal waiting for his flight to assist the airport cop.

Why would you even follow them? Maybe I'm missing something, but I would just keep moving in my direction and continue with my business.

Why would you even follow them? Maybe I'm missing something, but I would just keep moving in my direction and continue with my business.

Got to get that video, the 15 minutes of fame that comes with recording someone else having a really bad day.

If you're gonna be a boob and record the po-po taking someone down, please do it in landscape mode next time. Portrait is for amateurs.

If you're gonna be a boob and record the po-po taking someone down, please do it in landscape mode next time. Portrait is for amateurs.

Better hint - don't follow people with drawn tazer or guns. It's hard to get shot when you aren't down-range (which can be any direction since the target is mobile).

Folks like Nick perform a valuable function of keeping the authorities honest. I can't fault the LEOs in this instance, though I thought the fellow with the firearm was escalating things rather dangerously. Oh well, to a hammer everything looks like a nail. Still, without folks like Nick LEOs and their familiars could run roughshod over the population. Even with guys like Nick they try, and I suspect often succeed.

Folks like Nick perform a valuable function of keeping the authorities honest. I can't fault the LEOs in this instance, though I thought the fellow with the firearm was escalating things rather dangerously. Oh well, to a hammer everything looks like a nail. Still, without folks like Nick LEOs and their familiars could run roughshod over the population. Even with guys like Nick they try, and I suspect often succeed.

The plainclothes with the gun drawn is standard practice. He is there to provide cover for the cop with the taser in case it escalates. A taser isn't 100% is taking someone down. Clothing, body fat, etc., can all lessen the affects of the taser. They should have put the cuffs on the guy as soon as he went down. That way there is no need to use the taser again and stops it from escalating to a deadly force situation.

Got to get that video, the 15 minutes of fame that comes with recording someone else having a really bad day.

I actually took the video in case something went wrong and the gentleman being arrested (or his family) needed some evidence of what happened.

Thankfully, it wasn't needed. Don't care about fsme, personally.

Don't kid yourself. There is plenty of video surveillance at an airport.

I actually took the video in case something went wrong and the gentleman being arrested (or his family) needed some evidence of what happened.

Keep in mind your personal safety and that there are plenty of video cameras in a large airport. When LE draws it is best to get the hell away from that location.

Don't kid yourself. There is plenty of video surveillance at an airport.

Keep in mind your personal safety and that there are plenty of video cameras in a large airport. When LE draws it is best to get the hell away from that location.

Disagree about video surveillance. It exists, but it wouldn't be made available if needed. Note that the news had no airport surveillance video to show...

I recorded and had the recording immediately saving to the Internet so that it couldn't be deleted by anyone if the phone was confiscated. It isn't paranoia, it is just covering all bases.

As for personal safety, I stood next to a pillar I could use for cover if need be, and I kept enough distance to not be in arms reach of anyone.

WOW - I just saw a photo of the guys face and you were right about the strange smile on his face. It reminded me of a movie bad guy who was about to blow up something.
28F0997300000578-3090945-image-m-18_1432216106784.jpg

Last edited:

...I make my living off the evening news
Just give me something
Something I can use
People love it when you lose
They love dirty laundry

WOW - I just saw a photo of the guys face and you were right about the strange smile on his face. It reminded me of a movie bad guy who was about to blow up something.
28F0997300000578-3090945-image-m-18_1432216106784.jpg

Yeah...it was really creepy. Thst is the same look he gave me right before he shoved the cop the first time.

Better hint - don't follow people with drawn tazer or guns. It's hard to get shot when you aren't down-range (which can be any direction since the target is mobile).

Agreed. Unless I'm directly involved with the situation, I'm getting the hell out of the way.

Sure, and that is why the first thing you did was to post it to youtube.

Makes sense to me. Phone can be confiscated, internet not so much. guy was probably on something, though it is the height of stupidity to be on something at an airport. Then again, users of recreational chemicals do not always make up the high IQ segment of the population.

We all know who's side you're on.

WOW - I just saw a photo of the guys face and you were right about the strange smile on his face.

Looks more like your run of the mill psychotic who doesn't know whats happening.

It reminded me of a movie bad guy who was about to blow up something.
[

Thats why he should have never been allowed to get past the checkpoint before two security people tackled him and secured his hands.

Within the next two years we will have a AQ or ISIS attack at a major airport with a group of them just walking past security followed by a donut eater screaming 'tazer, tazer, if you dont stop I'll use stern words'. The vulnerability has been well demonstrated over and over.

Why do some believe they are not required to obey the LEOs orders? drugs? stupidity?

Why do people hold their iPhones in portrait mode when filming things?

In the very beginning of that video, that guy on the motorized scooter is Verne Troyer.

I was wondering about that.
If I ever met him, I'd have to ask him to share some Tranya with me.

Why do people hold their iPhones in portrait mode when filming things?

Lol. It looks great in portrait on a phone. Not so much in a pc or on youtube. I didn't even think about going to landscape since I had just gotten off the phone. Since I use my phone in portrait mode, I just hit home and camera and started recording.

I dont care why or how you recorded, that nuts to watch. Lucky and unluck you! nice job

You did a good job. Justice is always the best for both sides.

Back