Saving us from ourselves

GrummanBear

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
X
Sooooo, am I missing something here? Are government agencies in their wisdom, understanding, and power the guarantors of safety? Or is he using the same reefer they have in Washington state, where they think the government can end traffic fatalities and serious injuries by 2030? ...Or can the adults in the room acknowledge that accidents happen?

“Our obligation is to keep people safe, and the only way to do that is to keep the airfield closed. I urge the FAA and HDOT to shut down the airfield until they can guarantee safety of operations at Dillingham.” - Senator Schatz

I suspect the good Senator Schatz has some connection, tenuous though it may be, to a real estate developer.

I know the state is giving it back to the Army, but the Army obviously didn't want it, so I suspect, after all the falderall shakes out, the Army will give it back to the state, the state will close it and allow real estate development. It is PRIME real estate.

But before the developer gets it, the taxpayers will pay to clear all the buildings, repair all the roads and clean up any training remains.

... and the campaign donations will flow ...

Sooooo, am I missing something here? Are government agencies in their wisdom, understanding, and power the guarantors of safety? Or is he using the same reefer they have in Washington state, where they think the government can end traffic fatalities and serious injuries by 2030? ...Or can the adults in the room acknowledge that accidents happen?

“Our obligation is to keep people safe, and the only way to do that is to keep the airfield closed. I urge the FAA and HDOT to shut down the airfield until they can guarantee safety of operations at Dillingham.” - Senator Schatz

What’s this about Washington? Do you have a link?

Wait....you’re telling me you haven’t taken the state as your lord and savior?

From the piece:
The thing is, traffic collisions aren't accidents - they're preventable through smarter street design, targeted enforcement, partnerships, and thoughtful public engagement. Together, we can make Seattle's streets safer for everyone.
No mention of personal responsibility. I fled the city of Seattle (Bezerkley north) 15 years ago. One of the smartest decisions I ever made. It was once a beautiful livable place. No more. Flee!

Back