Saving log in's?

Marty W

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Marty W
I was just given a new log in password.

If I log out do I need to get a new one?

This software system PoA uses is so weird!

:yikes:

I have never had to change mine, but then I use a pretty secure one, P@$$w0rd. Nobody will ever guess it.

Thanks John,

I'm not concerned about the security but just the open/close if you/we leave the page or shut down the computer. Apparently the site keeps the page "open."

Weird!

Whether or not your password is saved depends on if you have the "remember me" box checked and/or if you have your computer set up to store cookies. I think. I recently deleted all my cookies because my @#$%^ DSL provider told me to do that as part of the diagnostic process. I have since ditched that DSL provider (Earthlink) but I needed to reenter quite a few passwords including POA.

Thanks John,

I'm not concerned about the security but just the open/close if you/we leave the page or shut down the computer. Apparently the site keeps the page "open."

Weird!

Sorry I should have winked. Persistent cookies are pretty standard for the few discussion boards I have visited. Occasionally you will be re prompted for your password, but you should not have to create a new one.

Thanks John,

Again, its weird, but since (I guess) there's nothing secure like a bank account site, it doesn't matter. BTW, didja' see some of the "biggies" are now telling Apple pay to take a hike?

Thanks John,

Again, its weird, but since (I guess) there's nothing secure like a bank account site, it doesn't matter. BTW, didja' see some of the "biggies" are now telling Apple pay to take a hike?
Could be the browser was told to remember the password. Depending on the browser in use, it could be under options, security or content. And tablets and phones browsers work entirely different.
You may have accidentally clicked on lost password. Been there too.
Another fine mistake is changing it on one of your devices then several weeks later using another where the password wasn't changed. Having 2 phones, 3 tablets, and 4 computers, I never know what userid and password is where. And I did say, browsers on tablets and phones work completely different than desktops. Plus no two browsers act the same twice in a row.

Back