Save the tailwheel

Skyrys62

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Meet the Fokkers
I'm a taildragger fan. Not sure I will get one..especially right away.
But if I do, I'm guessing I'll go through about 15 props before I save any money on my tailwheel.

and a lot of brakes...

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lol, showing off can get a little expensive.

Started off in tailwheels, frankly I find them much safer in many aspects, ofcourse when you're trying to do tricks like never letting the tail touch, it can end up a little more pricy.

We can't see it in this vid, but I'm betting thats a smaller diameter 3-blade prop. Still impressive...

The primary reason I have big tires and big tailwheels is to reduce rolling resistance to protect my prop during ground operations. With soft Baby Bushwheels and especially now with the T3 tailwheel suspensions the stress on the tail is less than it's ever been. Still, it's smart to unload before taxiing over rough ground, and that demo video wasn't done with much weight in the plane. Powering a tail up is easy in an empty plane but there's little reason to do it.

Hold my beer.

WATCH OUT FOR THAT GOPHER!!!!! Wop, wop, wop, prang:eek:

Cheers

My instructor has a Luscombe and I will be getting my endorsement first thing after finishing my ppl. Looking forward to it!

I wheel land my Husky, but have never tried doing all that.
What airplane is that?

The primary reason I have big tires and big tailwheels is to reduce rolling resistance to protect my prop during ground operations. With soft Baby Bushwheels and especially now with the T3 tailwheel suspensions the stress on the tail is less than it's ever been. Still, it's smart to unload before taxiing over rough ground, and that demo video wasn't done with much weight in the plane. Powering a tail up is easy in an empty plane but there's little reason to do it.

Is there a T3 out for the skywagons yet?

I used to do that in my dad's Cub when flying from the front seat solo. Today, since I own my own Cub and have to pay for the hard to find parts for the original brakes, I don't do it anymore. :D

I thought the title was going to lead into "Spare the tailwheel, spoil the pilot!"

Back