Save the Spitfire Grill

poadeleted20

Deleted
Taking the advice of several of you, I stopped at Winder's Spitfire Grill for the Fish and Chips for lunch today – truly authentic and delicious. Thanks to all who recommended the stop at WDR. That said, their lease is up and the airport doesn’t want to give them more than a year-to-year lease, which no restaurant can accept given the necessary investment. If you want to support the Spitfire Grill, drop in and sign the petition to the airport commission, or send a letter to:

Barrow County Airport Authority
841 Ronald Wood Road
Winder GA 30680

Thanks,
Ron

Taking the advice of several of you, I stopped at Winder's Spitfire Grill for the Fish and Chips for lunch today – truly authentic and delicious. Thanks to all who recommended the stop at WDR. That said, their lease is up and the airport doesn’t want to give them more than a year-to-year lease, which no restaurant can accept given the necessary investment. If you want to support the Spitfire Grill, drop in and sign the petition to the airport commission, or send a letter to:

Barrow County Airport Authority
841 Ronald Wood Road
Winder GA 30680

Thanks,
Ron
Geeze, I had not heard that. What a crock! Does the authority think they are going to grow so huge they get an option to bring in some major restaurant gig? That place gets a lot of visits and a bunch of groups meet there for lunch. Celia and Ian have heart. I can't imagine finding that in any replacement the authority thinks they may find.

Tomorrow, I'm heading out for some more right-seat work so I may just suggest we do it at Winder and both of us sign the petition and have a bite.

I just put a notice on our schedule board as well to ask students and CFIs to stop in and sign the petition while flying there.

I have signed it and urge everyone that stops by there to do so.

BTW Cap'n Ron...cool place huh!

Ron, thanks for the NOTAM. I signed today.

Celia said they have approximately 700 signatures already! Guess we pilots like our on-airport lunches. :yes:

-Rich

FYI: I stopped at WDR and had lunch at the Spitfire on Saturday. It's still open, so be sure to stop buy and support it when in the area!

FYI: I stopped at WDR and had lunch at the Spitfire on Saturday. It's still open, so be sure to stop buy and support it when in the area!

Not the same people as back in 2007. It was closed for awhile and then re-opened with new folks.

You should stop into KLZU sometime and eat at "The Flying Machine"

Not the same people as back in 2007. It was closed for awhile and then re-opened with new folks.

Ah. Ok. Didn't know that. The 'new' folks seem like good people.

You should stop into KLZU sometime and eat at "The Flying Machine"

I'll add it to the list.

Ah. Ok. Didn't know that. The 'new' folks seem like good people.

I'll add it to the list.

When you go to LZU let me know and I'll meet you there. My plane is based there so it's a short trip down the road to meet someone.

Back