Saturn 5 FM

Finally! I picked up one of these at a garage sale last week, now I can fly it.

Biggest surprise to me was that IBM built one of the stages! Rockwell, Boeing, McDonnell Douglas, I expected those. But not IBM. Did their computers fly it?

Biggest surprise to me was that IBM built one of the stages! Rockwell, Boeing, McDonnell Douglas, I expected those. But not IBM. Did their computers fly it?

Dunno who built the computer but Boeing worked the programming...

As I said, that isn't working for me, which is why I asked if the document on Amazon was the same thing. I get:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /ap12fj/pdf/a12_sa507-flightmanual.pdf on this server.
Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

EDIT: At least the NASA site didn't use the Corbomite Maneuver on me.

As I said, that isn't working for me, which is why I asked if the document on Amazon was the same thing. I get:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /ap12fj/pdf/a12_sa507-flightmanual.pdf on this server.
Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Don't know what to tell you, I view it just fine, as well as others. :dunno:

As far as amazon, I didn't take the time to look at it.

Don't know what to tell you, I view it just fine, as well as others. :dunno:

As far as amazon, I didn't take the time to look at it.

I went to the site using a proxy and got a copy, so the problem appears to be that NASA doesn't like accesses from my ISP - which is Exede, a satellite service. Ironic.

Anyway, thanks for the link and efforts. The document is effectively the same as the one sold on Amazon.

Did their computers fly it?

IBM built the three LM Nav computers. I'm friends with the guy who IBM sent to the Cape to test and make final adjustments to those computers.

He said three computer were installed which was necessary for reduncecy of the programming. All three computers would run a program separately and then compare the result. If all three didn't agree an error code was thrown and the program was not executed.

The program shedding on the Apollo 11 landing was a last ditch survival attempt by the computers.

It was a ring that IBM built, it was called the instrument unit, and it did contain most of the computers.

LASSg1-660x429.jpg

If I ever do another checkride I'm printing this and bringing it. "got the manual right here, oops wrong one":lol:

Finally! I picked up one of these at a garage sale last week, now I can fly it.

Perfect! Now you can fly it to those vintage rocket fly ins. :D

John

What's amazing to me is the format, fonts and graphs look exactly the same as the service and parts manuals for our 1977 Cessna 182.

Back