Saturday Blue Angels Atlanta Flyover

Doctor Bob

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Doctor Bob
Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew which airport they would be departing or landing for this flyover. Looking at the planned route I can only guess Dobbins? I would love to take the motorcycle for a ride and park by the airport and catch them flying over. Any info would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Not sure about this specific event, but my understanding is that for the recent televised event in NYC, they flew from home field KNPA and landed back there........USAF tanker/AR support to make it happen. Basis being COVID and the ban on DoD domestic travel right now. You could easily fly to ATL for a flyover and RTB in one leg from NPA, so I'd imagine the same will be true (though I don't know).

22CCB4B2-C7D2-468F-A43D-C2544FD408B0.jpeg They’re doing Baltimore, DC, then Atlanta. They leave DC at 1205 and start the flyover in ATL at 1335. While it starts in the Dobbins area, I would think they’re hitting a tanker after DC vs landing and getting gas at Dobbins. That would be a very crunched timeline even with “hot fuel” if they tried the later.

Thanks for the updates. I bet they’ll at least fly over the Dobbins AFB for their fellow pilots?

That was beautiful to watch and such terrific blue skies!

Back