Saturday (2/4), Cleveland, KBKL, anyone else

eMKay

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
eMKay
Weather permitting but it looks pretty good right now.

I wish I could, but we're doing a photo shoot for book number 3 on Saturday. Have fun!

What time? I might actually be able to spare a few hours this Saturday (not 100% sure yet).

I plan on leaving KBQR at 9:30, so with the usual hangups and delays (dragging wife out of bed) I should be at KBKL by 11:30-12.

Will be in this...N15310
IMG_0862.jpg

I plan on leaving KBQR at 9:30, so with the usual hangups and delays (dragging wife out of bed) I should be at KBKL by 11:30-12.

Will be in this...N15310
IMG_0862.jpg
Swell! At the moment weather looks good and I'm hopeful.

BTW I don't know when that picture was taken, but when I made a stop at DSV a month ago the buildings in the picture were the only ones left standing on the west side of the field. Off the right side of your picture was a big pile of rubble with a bulldozer in the middle of it. Looked like there had been an FBO there, but no longer. Any idea of what was going on?

Attachments

• P3016047.JPG
    P3016047.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
Swell! At the moment weather looks good and I'm hopeful.

BTW I don't know when that picture was taken, but when I made a stop at DSV a month ago the buildings in the picture were the only ones left standing on the west side of the field. Off the right side of your picture was a big pile of rubble with a bulldozer in the middle of it. Looked like there had been an FBO there, but no longer. Any idea of what was going on?

I was last there in June, The only buildings airport related are the two in the picture, behind and to the right of those buildings there is a trailer park, I do not know if it was an active one or not. But there was nothing airport related there.

I was last there in June, The only buildings airport related are the two in the picture, behind and to the right of those buildings there is a trailer park, I do not know if it was an active one or not. But there was nothing airport related there.
Okay, I guess they must have razed the trailer park then. It sure looked as if it was part of the airport though.

Well, the wx on this side of Lake Erie is not looking very good for tomorrow morning. Here's the nearest TAF, and they're all pretty much the same here:

KDET 032320Z 0400/0424 33003KT P6SM OVC022
FM041500 04003KT P6SM SCT025 BKN250
TEMPO 0415/0418 BKN025
FM042100 07005KT P6SM BKN150

We've been under these low clouds for a few days now, not quite IFR but too low to go anywhere under. They keep predicting that it will scatter out, but of course it never does, at least not for long. If things improve by about 0900 tomorrow then I'll cruise on down, but otherwise I'm going to have to cancel.

If it doesn't clear up by 9am tomorrow I won't be going anyway, or maybe we will just go to Dansville and see what they tore down

Not happening. Oh well. Maybe I'll fly out to Dansville or Pen Yan later.

Right yesterday outlook VFR today look-out-the-window solid snow!

Right yesterday outlook VFR today look-out-the-window solid snow!

It's snowing there? LOL. The weather is actually fine here, It was only when I checked KCLE when I said nope.

It's snowing there? LOL. The weather is actually fine here, It was only when I checked KCLE when I said nope.
Yeah it's IFR at KCLE and fine here too. It looks like rain at KCLE and snow at KLPR. Complete reversal of forecasts. I'll probably go somewhere later but it doesn't look like OH is a good destination today.

Let me know what you find at DSV if you go there. I'm kinda curious now. I didn't look really carefully and in fact just wanted to vamoose as soon as I saw that the place was deserted -- the terminal building was locked up, absolutely nothing was open. At first I thought I'd landed at a closed field. The rubble pile could well have been on neighboring property though.

We went to Penn Yan, had an enjoyable lunch, except my wife forgot the hangar door has a high sill at the bottom, and she tripped and fell. 8 months pregnant. She scraped her knee pretty good. I posted a thread in Flight Following.

Back