"Satisfactory medical explanation of the cause"

J

Joe123

Can anyone give me an idea of how the FAA interprets satisfactory medical explanation of the cause when referring to the specific qualifying conditions? I at one point had a disturbance of consciousness. After talking with my primary physician he determined that it was a case of dehydration. Would this be considered satisfactory medical explanation of the cause or does an AME need to make that distinction?

upload_2019-5-18_13-1-6.jpeg

Fluke Starbucker: Was it a great disturbance in the force like millions of voices cried out and were suddenly silenced?
Augie Ben Doggie: No, it's just a little headache.

I actually was about to post a similar scenario. Airline pilot here, recently passed out after having a case of flu like illness but was finally recovering then got hit by acute diarrhea. Had to leave the house for a mandatory meeting. Was with my friend and told her I felt bad, needed water and ended up passing out.she freaked out and called ambulance. Long story short the doctor did a EKG, blood tests, and was fine. Recovered immediatly after fluids and was told to go rest. Doctor was adamant I was fine and nothing else required. Never happened before. Now feel like my career is screwed and don’t know what to do. Everyone else said it’s a non event I was sick and dehydrated and pushed myself to leave the house when I would’ve normally stayed home.. and obviously would’ve called out sick at work.

So disturbance of consciousness is a euphemism for what??? Wonder how the doc coded it under ICD10??
That could range anywhere from a little lightheaded when you stood up to fast to a petite seizure. Knowing how the FAA overreacts they’ll think the latter!
Btw I have no knowledge of the process. Just adding my shekel.

I actually was about to post a similar scenario. Airline pilot here, recently passed out after having a case of flu like illness but was finally recovering then got hit by acute diarrhea. Had to leave the house for a mandatory meeting. Was with my friend and told her I felt bad, needed water and ended up passing out.she freaked out and called ambulance. Long story short the doctor did a EKG, blood tests, and was fine. Recovered immediatly after fluids and was told to go rest. Doctor was adamant I was fine and nothing else required. Never happened before. Now feel like my career is screwed and don’t know what to do. Everyone else said it’s a non event I was sick and dehydrated and pushed myself to leave the house when I would’ve normally stayed home.. and obviously would’ve called out sick at work.
Sigh. For the part 121 gusy:
Stress treadmill
24 hour Holter
Echocardiogram.
Letter describing from the doctor.
AME issues and we move on.

Sigh. For the part 121 gusy:
Stress treadmill
24 hour Holter
Echocardiogram.
Letter describing from the doctor.
AME issues and we move on.

In that case does one need to self ground after he recovers? Or just get those tests in the meantime to bring to next AME visit? If the loss of consciousness is obviously not heart related? Regardless it seems the FAA will still want to see those tests in most circumstances im assuming

Again, it depends....on his aviation duties, and on the actual description of the event. There are no generalities here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back