Satellite Operation for N2212???

Hey, HR, you like the tug pulling "...aircraft that failed to start inside the hangar..."?

SCCutler said:
Hey, HR, you like the tug pulling "...aircraft that failed to start inside the hangar..."?

....Bet that would be a nice propwash. It reminds me of some photos I took of the R22 which visited Twitchell's Airport. There are really good shots of close-to-ground hover, the teenaged passenger grinning from ear to ear. Also, shots of liftoff up to about 30 feet AGL, and more of same -- some done with telephoto lens to get "the kid." So, I contacted the owner/pilot, he also being the helicopter flight school owner(at a different airport). In response to my suggestion that he might like to have reprints, he responded, "Depends on the price; I can get plenty of good photos in my hangar." I wrote back, "That may well be, but I doubt that you'd be able to photograph the hangared helo in hover, doing 360* rotations while at hover; or close-ups when at 30afl(Above Floor Level; or , if so -- you have a terrific hangar facility." (( ****ole))

HR

Drop the fuel price, make up for it in volume. That's how were #1 in revenue-profit/salesperson in our industry.

We move a lot of *#&@*

N2212R said:
Drop the fuel price, make up for it in volume.

Problem is when you drop the price and the competitors drop the price along with you. Do this a couple of times and no one is making money anymore. Although it is a good way to capture market share and once you get the market share you figure out how you are going to actually make money in the long run.

running an FBO would be a good retirement job. no pressure to make money that way. could have fun. too hard to make money in aviation anyway.

jangell said:
Problem is when you drop the price and the competitors drop the price along with you. Do this a couple of times and no one is making money anymore. Although it is a good way to capture market share and once you get the market share you figure out how you are going to actually make money in the long run.

Haven't seen it happen around here. Our field has never dropped its price when others have. Use the fuel to get people in there, then have services you can make money on.

Back