Sarasota FL Anyone?

JasonCT

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
JasonCT
So anyone care to meet up Friday or Saturday the weekend of March 23?

I will be in Sarasota (Siesta Key) for a few days if anyone is interested.

Let me know.

So anyone care to meet up Friday or Saturday the weekend of March 23?

I will be in Sarasota (Siesta Key) for a few days if anyone is interested.

Let me know.

May possibly be in Venice that weekend, if the Mooney is ready.

We'll be at our condo on Siesta that whole week (with the boat). Cell 904 536 0962.

Turtle Beach Pub for beer and blackened grouper sandwiches?

We'll be at our condo on Siesta that whole week (with the boat). Cell 904 536 0962.

Ken, looks like we're being pushed back another week, looking like getting down there 3/25ish and staying the week and flying home 3/30ish.

If we don't connect on the left coast, maybe we can stop by Craig on our way north?

Sounds like a plan to me! My cell is 774-836-3706

I will be arriving very early Friday and free til late Sat.

I have to go down and help a friend prepare for their move back to CT. New mother and father with their 4 week old child.

So I figure I will play a little and work a little if I can lol

Y'all should go to Sharkys near Venice. Its a short, but memorably beautiful flight down from KSRQ, Jay.

Sharkys is walking distance from the Venice Airport.

FYI Jones Aviation has been sold. As have all the airplanes. This is as of three weeks ago. I was there tonight to rent a plane to go see my sister this weekend but that ain't happening now. Seems the new owners don't want to be in the flight school business. Bummer!!!

Y'all should go to Sharkys near Venice. Its a short, but memorably beautiful flight down from KSRQ, Jay.

Yeah but the food is only mediocre. I know, I know, a lot of people like it a lot. I'm not that impressed. Great environment, though.

Nick I see on AirNav that you flew with Fred Longhi from Jones Aviation out of SRQ. He was my commercial instructor and a very good one too.

Hey - that's his name!! I forgot about the AirNav comment, I was looking for his name!

Thanks, Scott! He's a great guy, ain't he?

Hey, I plan to arrive at VNC on Friday the 23rd too! We'll definitely have to get together that weekend. I'll be staying in Nokomis which is between Sarasota and Venice (about 6 nm north of KVNC). My cellphone # is 612 867-4102.

Yeah but the food is only mediocre. I know, I know, a lot of people like it a lot. I'm not that impressed. Great environment, though.

I know of several much better choices in Venice and Nokomis. We can do better than Sharkey's which is more about atmosphere then food.

While you might be able to throw a stone from Sharkey's parking lot and land it on the airport, it's at least a mile walk because the restaurant is on the opposite side of the field from the FBOs and you have to go around the airport.

Who's doing the work?

BTW please buy any fuel from Florida Flight Maintenance not Venice Jet Center (aka Triple Diamond). FFM has self serve at about the same price and they are much more customer oriented. VJC has ticked me off more than once.

I won't have a plane down there - Just a rent a car from the Tampa airport. But I will be staying in Siesta Key.

Hey, I plan to arrive at VNC on Friday the 23rd too! We'll definitely have to get together that weekend. I'll be staying in Nokomis which is between Sarasota and Venice (about 6 nm north of KVNC). My cellphone # is 612 867-4102.

Got it! Of course, the date is subject to change. :rolleyes:

We're flying to Panama City KPFN on 3/22 as part of a 19 aircraft Stag Flight from 15G Skypark, Ohio. Tyndall AFB Open House and Air Show.

Stop up if you have some time on Saturday.

One of my Florida neighbors has had them do a lot of work on his 252 and he's been fairly well pleased with the results.

Well, that is good news, because this bird is getting a fairly comprehensive refurb. New paint, int, tank seal, boost pump, engine overhaul to new limits with new crankshaft, and new prop.

*Should* be good to go for a while once the initial squawks are snuffed.

4 more days til I get there!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE order me some nice weather!

WX is nice albeit cold right now. CAVU with morning lows in the 50's afternoon highs in the 70's. Friday was pretty lousy WX. May your WX later this week be nice.

No form plans right now but I may be down there that week again to take care of some business.

OK, I'll post something here when things are firm. Damn, it takes a long time to refurb aircraft.

Turns out we're leaving today. (Friday) :(

So is anyone else around? Jay? I arrived late afternoon yesterday (Friday). I noticed that there's an airshow at Punta Gorda today and tomorrow, but I don't know anything about it.

Bill, you want me to take a look at your plane in ModWorks?

Last edited:
Back