Santorum Speaks!

grattonja

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
saratoga driver
I was one of the many from here who emailed my vauted junior Senator regarding not really wanting to pay twice, or more, for aviation weather services. Imagine my surprise to receive a letter from Senator Santorum the other day. Imagine my surprise (we need a sarcastic icon for here) to see that, in several pages of stuff, there was not a single mention of aviation weather services. He told me about how we don't want to stifle free enterprise. He told me how we don't want to lose the hazardous weather broadcasts "National weather service reports that your house is about to be transported to Oz, please go to the cellar now". Not a word about aviation weather. Of course, my email to him focused on that directly.

Basically, I got a form letter kiss off. Not that he lost a vote over it. I would vote for Mickey Mouse first anyway. Anyone else hear back from their honorable legislators on the issue?

Jim G

Nope, never heard from Santorum, did get a form letter back from Spector, at least he did acknowledge receipt.

Gary

grattonja said:
I was one of the many from here who emailed my vauted junior Senator regarding not really wanting to pay twice, or more, for aviation weather services. Imagine my surprise to receive a letter from Senator Santorum the other day. Imagine my surprise (we need a sarcastic icon for here) to see that, in several pages of stuff, there was not a single mention of aviation weather services. He told me about how we don't want to stifle free enterprise. He told me how we don't want to lose the hazardous weather broadcasts "National weather service reports that your house is about to be transported to Oz, please go to the cellar now". Not a word about aviation weather. Of course, my email to him focused on that directly.

Basically, I got a form letter kiss off. Not that he lost a vote over it. I would vote for Mickey Mouse first anyway. Anyone else hear back from their honorable legislators on the issue?

Jim G

I have NEVER received ANY kind of acknowledgement of the letters I've sent him, not even a form letter kiss off. Next time he's up for re-election I'll try to get him beat during the primaries. Failing that, I'll be voting Democrat. The last thing we need is Congressional representation that feels it can so blatantly ignore is constituency. The Dems have their own troubles, but I agree with Newt Gingrich that it's time for another shakeup simililar to the one that put the Repubs in power.

Joe Williams said:
but I agree with Newt Gingrich that it's time for another shakeup simililar to the one that put the Repubs in power.

I'm starting to wonder if it should be constitutionally mandated (;)) that of the White House, Senate, and House of Representatives, one of the 3 has to be held by an opposing party. Washington seems to work much better when they can't get much done...

Back