Sanford (SFB) recommendations?

donjohnston

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Don
I have to overnight at SFB this week.

Anyone have any recommendations or experience between Million Air and Constant Aviation at Sanford?

Flew into SFB a few weeks ago. Used Million Air. Treated us well, no complaints.

Be advised though: like a lot of FL airports, SFB is a zoo. Lot of flight training, including L3’s Chinese flight school. It’s not as bad as DAB, but you’ll probably spend some waiting on the ground to depart.

I usually use Million Air. It’s a nice facility and nice people. I don’t find the fees too bad, but you can always ask them to modify fees if you buy fuel.

Abram Finkelstein
N48KY

I flew in there a couple of times a month ago to pick up and drop off an airline passenger. It was a coin flip but I chose Constant for no particular reason. It was fine.

Laid back almost sleepy operation. I think the 100ll was a few pennies more expensive which normally drives transient piston traffic to the other guys. So I sensed I was a bit unexpected. No flag man appeared until I had parked. Big older building with the usual stuff.

I used the crew car to shop for booze and pick up my passenger.

It is a busy airport so be ready. Constant has quick access to a main runway and an intersection takeoff clearance let me jump the line.

Good place to chill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

From strictly a price perspective, Constant is cheaper. Only a $15 overnight tie-down fee which is waived with a 10gal fuel purchase ($5.37/gal for first timers).

Million Air, on the other hand, has a $25 ramp fee which is waived with a 15 gallon fuel purchase ($5.69/gal), $5 "facility fee" and a $10 tie-down fee.

With that kind of price differential, I figured it was worth for opinions.

Especially since the Airnav "reviews" are now pretty much useless.

We’re based at Sanford, but at the Southeast Ramp complex. Wife started flight training with a flight school that was located in the now Constantant building (was Starport at the time). Friendly bunch, nice facilities. Can’t say anything about their fees since we didn’t have to pay any of them. Million Air is closer to the terminal. Constant is on the North side of the main runway. Terminal is on south side of the main runway, so you have to drive around the airport to go between the two locations.

Back