Sanford Maine

frfly172

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
ron keating
just read a post,that the little restaurant on the field at Sanford closed. Couldn’t come to agreement on a new lease. Seems like airports are trying to make more money from the restaurants .

just read a post,that the little restaurant on the field at Sanford closed. Couldn’t come to agreement on a new lease. Seems like airports are trying to make more money from the restaurants .
@KayDeeW and I were there in August. Seems as though I remember it being closed then. The field itself was interesting, lots of weird planes, mo-gas, lots of activity.

Well that stinks. Its one of the few places I'd fly to for breakfast. Hard to fly out for breakfast when Hampton has the best local airport breakfast around, but sometimes change is good. The restaurant in Sanford always seemed to be busy. People liked to come and watch the planes.

Did the restaurant at Parlin field ever open back up?

Just move the restaurant to the other side of the fence and screw the airport.
The biggest FBOs at KPOU quit the field a few years back because the county got stupid and greedy.
It happens way too often.
We do, finally, have another diner on the field.

Saw that the other day as well, never got a chance to eat there though. I did my first solo xc to Sanford and was planning on eating there before my return leg to KASH. I arrived just as they were closing.

I visited the Cockpit Cafe at SFM earlier this year, and they were having staffing issues, and were only able to serve a limited menu. But they have been a mecca for the weekend breakfast and the $100 hamburger in this area for a long time. I hope they are able to work the issues out.

@KayDeeW and I were there in August. Seems as though I remember it being closed then. The field itself was interesting, lots of weird planes, mo-gas, lots of activity.

I think they were in the process of rehabbing it over the summer. It’s a shame they couldn’t come to an agreement. I haven’t eaten there but I like the airport. Took my check ride there and I took a friend there for breakfast but didn’t have cash and the atm was broken.

Email just went out saying that a tentative agreement was made to keep the restaurant open Friday-Sunday while they work on a more permanent agreement!

This is the email I got.
The Sanford airport authority and the owner of the restaurant have worked out an agreement to keep the restaurant open on weekends, Friday Saturday and Sunday, until they can hopefully reach an agreement to keep the restaurant open full time. While this is very tentative its a start and hopefully all will be back to normal soon!

Back