Sandel 3308

Groundpounder

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Emerson Bigguns
Saw some threads mentioning this device, but it doesn't have a thread of its own. Looking at an airplane that has one, just wondering what the support is like for them, and how reliable they are. I understand you have to change the bulb every 400 hours. Is that a requirement, or just recommended? How much does it cost?

@James331

Saw some threads mentioning this device, but it doesn't have a thread of its own. Looking at an airplane that has one, just wondering what the support is like for them, and how reliable they are. I understand you have to change the bulb every 400 hours. Is that a requirement, or just recommended? How much does it cost?

@James331

Bulb is a recommend, depends on if you just buy the bulb or send it off for the official same bulb. They will go well north of 400hrs

Support has been great, only issue I’ve had over the years was one of the little ujoints for the knob stripped out, field repair for a hundred or so.

GREAT eHSI, the overlays have great detail or as basic as you like, more adjustment than in some turboprops.

Last edited:
Any idea how much the bulb replacement runs?

I could look through my papers, I had it done as part of my prebuy as it had, I want to say, over twice the time on it, it wasn’t enough to stand out to me if that helps lol. Ofcourse I also wasn’t the one paying for it.

Back