San Carlos (P13)

CC268

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
CC268
Today the Cherokee Crew took the skies and flew east to San Carlos (P13) (San Carlos Apache Indian Reservation). Beautiful flight. Amazing terrain. Flew 7,500 out there and 6,500 back. Made sure to pack my bow and arrow (you know since we were flying Cherokee's in Apache land).

Signed - Young Oak (CC268)

San Carlos Route.JPG IMG_3152.JPG IMG_3155.JPG IMG_3156.JPG IMG_3157.JPG IMG_3158.JPG IMG_3159.JPG IMG_3160.JPG IMG_3163.JPG IMG_3164.JPG

So who's the guy in the red shir......oh thats me. ;)

My route was slightly different but the scenery was almost exactly the same.

So who's the guy in the red shir......oh thats me. ;)

My route was slightly different but the scenery was almost exactly the same.

That’s Seabass

Was the Albatross and the two derelict Beech 18 hulks still there on the ramp?

Was the Albatross and the two derelict Beech 18 hulks still there on the ramp?

I’m not sure as we were parked on the west ramp. There was a rather large aircraft on the east ramp that might have been an albatross. I wasn’t paying much attention.

The Albatross is there, but we were on the ramp to the west 1/4 to 1/3 of a mile and I didn't notice any Beeches, but they show up on Google.

Yeah, the Beech hulks are over in the grass close to the highway.

Didn’t realize there was a west ramp and east ramp. Last time I was there was 3 or 4 years ago and I only remember one ramp.

What's amazing is that our group walked through a maze of slot machines, twice, and no one spent a nickel. Well, not so amazing...cheap a** pilots!!!

Meh, that was easy for me. Now, had there been a poker table going, that might have been a different story...

Back