San Antonio Airports

cd85ag

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Georgia Aggie
Flying to SA for a few days will be staying in Northeast side of town any suggestions on airports?

I'd guess New Braunfels (KBAZ) but I've been out of that loop for a while.

It would help to know a little more closely where you'll be headed; could be New Braunfels (as Darrell suggests), or Bulverde.

If you're fairly close in, you might even use the big airport, KSAT, which is still (in my experience) GA friendly.

If you are coming in October, Redbird Skyport at San Marcos KHYI has $1 100 LL for the entire month. KHYI is about 45 minutes to the NE side of San Antonio.

I visited San Antonio at the end of August and stayed at Stinson (FBO was San Antonio Aviation). Total cost for a stay from Wednesday to Tuesday was $15 with a 20 gallon fuel purchase at a reasonable price. I was quite happy with that. Stinson is on the south side, though. I was visiting the convention center and downtown hotels.

I also looked into staying at San Antonio International but the $85+ parking fee could be waived with "70 gallons fuel purchase" and I got no response when I asked about a partial discount given my fuel capacity was only 60 gallons if I ran it dry on short final!

I visited San Antonio at the end of August and stayed at Stinson (FBO was San Antonio Aviation). Total cost for a stay from Wednesday to Tuesday was $15 with a 20 gallon fuel purchase at a reasonable price. I was quite happy with that. Stinson is on the south side, though. I was visiting the convention center and downtown hotels.

I also looked into staying at San Antonio International but the $85+ parking fee could be waived with "70 gallons fuel purchase" and I got no response when I asked about a partial discount given my fuel capacity was only 60 gallons if I ran it dry on short final!

I admit I have not been back to KSAT since Nayak closed. Perhaps it is less favorable, now.

To be fair my stay was relatively long, and I didn't shop around the several FBOs at SAT. Stinson is about the same drive time from the center of the city.

To be fair my stay was relatively long, and I didn't shop around the several FBOs at SAT. Stinson is about the same drive time from the center of the city.

If the location works for you, Stinson is great.

8T8 is quiet and free no services. If you are good at short field T94. Cheap gas.

Actually Bulverde area is where I will be. Anyone have experience at 1T8?

Actually Bulverde area is where I will be. Anyone have experience at 1T8?

I have not, but have heard its good. You might PM David White, who is from that area.

Back