Samsung Tablet

flykelley

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
flykelley
Hi Guys & Gals
I have for sale a used Samsung Model NP-Q1U. I got it from a customer in trade for some work.The plane I fly just had a Garmin 430W added so I don't need this unit any longer. It comes with a carrying case, a charger for the car, no 110 volt charger. It has a GPS that I can't seem to figure out to make it work. I also have a bracket for the yoke. I have only used this unit a couple of times and its been sitting in my hanger for about 4 months now. Time to sell it. Asking Price of $350.00 plus shipping. This unit cost a lot more new. Send me a PM or email at flykelley930@aol.com

Regards Mike

Attachments

• IMG_8889.JPG
    IMG_8889.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8893.JPG
    IMG_8893.JPG
    202 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8890.JPG
    IMG_8890.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I'm sorta interested but I don't know much about these things.
I believe it runs windows, if so what version.
How much memory? Can you buy a 110V charger or doesn't it support it?

Joe

I'm sorta interested but I don't know much about these things.
I believe it runs windows, if so what version.
How much memory? Can you buy a 110V charger or doesn't it support it?

Joe
Joe, I have a similar tablet (NP-Q1U/P01). Mine has a faster processor (1.4GHz vs 800MHz) and this one has a 32 MB SS drive (mine has a 32 MB rotating magnetic drive). Mine came with XP and I think this one will be the same in that regard. You can buy an ac adapter for $15-40. The screen is pretty easy to see in daylight and the battery life is pretty good (5-8 hrs depending on backlight and HD usage. The slower processor is probably even better). It has a touch screen that works with a stylus or fingers plus a "chicklet" keyboard, BT, WiFi, Ethernet, 2 USB, VGA, and SD card slot.

so r these better than Ipads...? Can I run other windows programs on them..?

I justed booted it up and it is Windows XP. Will go to the airport later today and take pictures of the mount. I have all of the manuals and disk's,

Regards Mike

I can't say its better than a Ipad as I have never used one in flight. Yes you can run other windows programs on this machine.

Thanks Mike

Define "Better". The iPad is much thinner, weighs about half as much, can have a 3g wireless connection, contains a GPS and tilt sensors, and has a larger display.

The Q1 will run virtually any program that runs on any other XP computer, has connectors for 2 USB devices, Ethernet, and an external monitor.

I got mine solely for running Jepp's FlightDeck program as a backup to my panel mounted MFD chart display, but I also use it as my only PC on some trips when I leave my laptop at home. I've loaded Microsoft office (Word, Excel, etc), Firefox, and RMS Flitesoft (flight planner) as well as a few other unusual apps including one to download data from my engine monitor. I also use it to update the DBs for my GPS and MFD when I'm away from home if I don't have my laptop along. For convenience I bought a small USB keyboard with built in touch pad for when I want to type on a real keyboard and carry that with me if I'm not bringing the laptop.

Bottom line a tablet PC can do lots of stuff you can do on a laptop that an iPad can't but it's heavier/thicker and lacks some of the gee whiz features of an iPad.

Last edited:
bump and more pictures

Attachments

• IMG_8907.JPG
    IMG_8907.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8906.jpg
    IMG_8906.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 5
Back