Sales tax exemption for avionics & labor

Smoked2long

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
MarkG
I reside in SC and we are sales tax exempt on avionics & labor. Does anyone know if TN is also?
Thanks,

According to Sarasota Avionics (they have shops in FL and TN), TN does have a tax on avionics work. Not sure if it was parts, labor, or both. I checked out after I heard the "tax" part o_O

According to Sarasota Avionics (they have shops in FL and TN), TN does have a tax on avionics work. Not sure if it was parts, labor, or both. I checked out after I heard the "tax" part o_O
That’s a bummer.

May I recommend Spark Chasers? Never been a paying customer - I only stopped by once, 10 years ago. I flew my C172P in formation with a friend in his C150A from Culpeper, VA. Friend highly recommends them and during my interactions with them when they were just checking out my plane to make conversation, I got some good advice and was left feeling they were extremely knowledgeable, thorough, and professional.

Erp.. hmm. Just double checked. Could have sworn they were in SC. Turns out, ..NC. I'm guessing NC isn't tax free WRT (with regard to) avionics installs? :confused:

Back