Sagetech Clarity SV ADS-B In & AHRS

stfurlong

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
steveinde
I have a Sagetech Clarity SV unit for sale that has only been used a couple of times. I will sell it with a suction window mount, solar fan, glarescreen mounting pad, and charger. This unit will come with the original box.

If you aren't familiar with the Clarity SV, it will provide GPS, ADS-B traffic and weather that will work with WingX, FlyQ and others. It also has an AHRS and will allow you to use Synthetic Vision. Seatlle Avionics claims it is the best portable ADS-B reciver available.

New all of this was over $1200. I will sell for $800

This is a really nice unit that I am only selling because I recently installed the L-3 NGT 9000 transponder that will now provide me with a panel mounted ABS-B source.

Ok, this could be a great deal for somebody. I'm lowering the price of this like new ADS-B receiver with AHRS to $700. In addition to serving as an emergency AI (with some apps), putting this unit in your plane with an iPad permits geo-referencing on approach plates and synthetic vision as well as traffic (TIS-B) and weather (FIS-B).

In addition to the unit itself, I'm including a suction cup window mount, and glare screen mount and solar fan.

Sagetech has stopped selling them

Scrabo has violated the Rules of Conduct for a classified with his posts and I have informed the Site admin.

For anybody still interested in this unit after his posts, Sagetech is still supporting these receivers and I will offer a 30 day money back guarantee if you aren't happy with it. The price I am asking for the receiver with all of the accessories is less than half of the list price. This unit is simple to use, works perfectly with WingX, FlyQ and others and is rock solid in construction. Although I doubt you will need any hand holding to get this unit up and running because it is so simple to use, if you have any concerns about support both WingX and Seattle Avionics (FlyQ) offer excellent support as well for using their apps with portable receivers.

>> Sagetech has stopped selling them

How is this an incorrect statement ?

I didn't say anywhere Caveat emptor

Deleted as the OP believed this was a ROC violation.

Last edited:
Bottom line is that there are restrictions about making comments about what others have to sell. Yup need to read the ROC

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Deleted as the OP believed this was a ROC violation.

Last edited:
You mean this... Participants must not comment negatively on the value or quality of the item.

Nowhere did I comment negatively on the value or quality - simply stated that the mfg has stopped production and only vendors with remaining stock are selling.

Now if the rule says "Participants must not make comments that may negatively impact the value or quality of the item." Then you would have a point. Nowhere did I say he was asking too much money for it, even @$800 it was a good deal, nor did I indicate the item didn't work.

Hence "Participants must not comment negatively on the value or quality of the item." was not violated.
Why are you trying to split hairs here? :rolleyes2:

Why are you trying to split hairs here? :rolleyes2:

Because the guy could have PM me and ask me to delete the post if he had an issue with it, which I would have been happy to do, but that's not the road he picked.

Last edited:
Or you could have just not posted in the first place. Now that is a worthy option.

Or you could have just not posted in the first place. Now that is a worthy option.

As was his option to PM and ask me to remove it.

I removed all references to what he considered a ROC violation in all the above posts, something that could have been asked for several hours ago by the OP but at least I did the right thing, unlike some.

Last edited:
OP. Did you sell your Sagetech?

No, I have not sold it yet. My current asking price for the Clarity SV & all the accessories listed is $700.

Sagetech is still supporting these receivers and I will offer a 30 day money back guarantee if you aren't happy with it. .

As the item has been sold and anything I now say does not impact the value or the quality of the item.

I contacted SageTech and this was their response

"Unfortunately, we no longer make our Clarity ADS-B product line. Our Clarity products have a one year warranty, from date of purchase, we will support the product at least until December 2016."

So much for other vendors selling them

You just won't give the hell up will you?

Only because the OP objected to my post that SageTech was stopping support and he replied in post #5 that SageTech only stopped selling them to customers but vendors like Spruce were still selling them, which in my view was misrepresentation of the future support model of the product.

And for the record, I had one which had to go back twice in a period of 7 months.

Last edited:
Back