Sad news

My first ride ever, in any kind of an aircraft, was as a kid in 1977 in a helicopter from downtown Branson, MO. If I remember correctly the approximate 20 minute ride cost $15 back then.

I was there in 07 and don't remember a helicopter. Was it 06 or am I just getting too old to remember back that far?

A 269 came in late one evening. An older gentleman and his wife. They had heard all the radio chatter at 3M0 while tooling around in the helo and came over to see what was going on. It was late in the day. I think a lot of people had already gone to dinner.

I was there in 07 and don't remember a helicopter. Was it 06 or am I just getting too old to remember back that far?

It was 2006. I remember it well. It parked on the Cabin side of the runway, and was only there for dinner, IIRC.

As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure the second guy in the news article was one of the people there, Randy Arthur (as the caption states).

The NTSB released their preliminary report a few days ago and list the cause of the crash as "main rotor blades coming in contact with power lines".

Back