Sac's muted TV review double header - NCIS Los Angeles, and CSI SVU

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
It's time again. No sound, not always the full episodes, imperfect observations based on partial information. I think the lack of of audible cues accentuates the flaws present in these shows. The USA channel blew it big time. I got up at 4:50 a.m. so I could take my place at the Precor AMT in the gym and 5:00 a.m. One station was tuned to the news (damn the weather girl is so f**** doable) and the other to NCIS Los Angeles. But... there was a problem. It was already in progress. It was halfway over! WTF?? They STARTED AN HOUR SHOW ON THE HALF HOUR! So basically, you get half a NCIS Los Angeles, and half of a CSI Special Victims Unit.

NCIS Los Angeles

Okay. Here's the premise. Some Navy or Marine service member gets knocked off, and the investigative team springs in to action. The team consists of a short, wrinkled little old lady that looks as if she might have retired as one of Santa's elves, a random slew of dysfunctional thirty and forty some men and women, and LL Cool J. LL Cool J. They just have to work an '80's rapper in there and by the way he's their token black man.

They have this stupid looking, futuristic situation room that resembles the helm of the Starship Enterprise (except for the tractor beam) which can tap in to any video feed in the world, including @SixPapaCharlie 's Go Pro (you should check out the stuff he doesn't post to Youtube) and they appear to be the outfit that the NSA runs to when they need to borrow a server or some technical knowledge. Yet, they run around with flip cell phones.

Their missions range from routine murder investigations, to bizarre covert operations in Russia, to field duty in Afghanistan. WTF? What's the detective chick (A lieutenant I believe) doing humping an AK outside of Kandahar under a pile of bed sheets? This latest episode found our bad guy to be a cocaine smuggler that hid the smack in paint on a carrier and the whole crew got some and went bezerk, and by the way the little old lady who does not even come close to the 5' 2" minimum height requirement has... wings, and showed up on the ship in a Hornet, never mind that she could have been George Bush Sr's instructor pilot. Oh, and then there's LL Cool J.

CSI Special Victim's Unit

What makes some victims special and some not? The whole premise of the show, which is set in NYC, is that women and little girls get violated and terminated and they are out to find and prosecute the perv. It isn't like, way out there in a reaching sense like the previous show, but the violent moral turpitude is gratuitous, like they cater to men that like to spank themselves to those scenes, and angry women that enjoy getting more angry. The cast is an old bald guy, weird looking dude named Munch (hey I can read lips), some average looking detective dude, Marissa Hargitay (GOD I'd like to do some role playing with her and Flo from Progressive), and Ice T. Ice T. They have to compete with NCIS LA by putting ANOTHER '80's rapper in there, and by the way he's their token black man.

And um, yeah, it's just your typical assault/murder mystery with your typical dysfunctional team drama and personal tensions all tied together by some loose plot which ultimately makes some social statement at the end. And then there's Ice T.

You know what would be a nice touch? If maybe, do it in outtakes if you have to, but how can you put a famous rapper in a show and not have him throw down some rhymes? I mean, just sayin'. Goin' back to Cali, to Cali, to Cali...

i don't think so.

Wow. I almost got aroused there Sac. I know, TMI.

You forgot to add that every episode of NCISLA ends with a massive gun fight.

It's time again. No sound, not always the full episodes, imperfect observations based on partial information. I think the lack of of audible cues accentuates the flaws present in these shows. The USA channel blew it big time. I got up at 4:50 a.m. so I could take my place at the Precor AMT in the gym and 5:00 a.m. One station was tuned to the news (damn the weather girl is so f**** doable) and the other to NCIS Los Angeles. But... there was a problem. It was already in progress. It was halfway over! WTF?? They STARTED AN HOUR SHOW ON THE HALF HOUR! So basically, you get half a NCIS Los Angeles, and half of a CSI Special Victims Unit.

NCIS Los Angeles

Okay. Here's the premise. Some Navy or Marine service member gets knocked off, and the investigative team springs in to action. The team consists of a short, wrinkled little old lady that looks as if she might have retired as one of Santa's elves, a random slew of dysfunctional thirty and forty some men and women, and LL Cool J. LL Cool J. They just have to work an '80's rapper in there and by the way he's their token black man.

They have this stupid looking, futuristic situation room that resembles the helm of the Starship Enterprise (except for the tractor beam) which can tap in to any video feed in the world, including @SixPapaCharlie 's Go Pro (you should check out the stuff he doesn't post to Youtube) and they appear to be the outfit that the NSA runs to when they need to borrow a server or some technical knowledge. Yet, they run around with flip cell phones.

Their missions range from routine murder investigations, to bizarre covert operations in Russia, to field duty in Afghanistan. WTF? What's the detective chick (A lieutenant I believe) doing humping an AK outside of Kandahar under a pile of bed sheets? This latest episode found our bad guy to be a cocaine smuggler that hid the smack in paint on a carrier and the whole crew got some and went bezerk, and by the way the little old lady who does not even come close to the 5' 2" minimum height requirement has... wings, and showed up on the ship in a Hornet, never mind that she could have been George Bush Sr's instructor pilot. Oh, and then there's LL Cool J.

CSI Special Victim's Unit

What makes some victims special and some not? The whole premise of the show, which is set in NYC, is that women and little girls get violated and terminated and they are out to find and prosecute the perv. It isn't like, way out there in a reaching sense like the previous show, but the violent moral turpitude is gratuitous, like they cater to men that like to spank themselves to those scenes, and angry women that enjoy getting more angry. The cast is an old bald guy, weird looking dude named Munch (hey I can read lips), some average looking detective dude, Marissa Hargitay (GOD I'd like to do some role playing with her and Flo from Progressive), and Ice T. Ice T. They have to compete with NCIS LA by putting ANOTHER '80's rapper in there, and by the way he's their token black man.

And um, yeah, it's just your typical assault/murder mystery with your typical dysfunctional team drama and personal tensions all tied together by some loose plot which ultimately makes some social statement at the end. And then there's Ice T.

You know what would be a nice touch? If maybe, do it in outtakes if you have to, but how can you put a famous rapper in a show and not have him throw down some rhymes? I mean, just sayin'. Goin' back to Cali, to Cali, to Cali...

i don't think so.

Sac, the usual culprits of course but in their mind they are never guilty. just ask @tawood about that.

"Who, me? Like my avatar says "I know nutting" but I did stop by the substation this morning to wish my deputy friends a Merry Christmas.

Black ribbon with the badge number 669 is still being worn on their badges. Overall may be gone but will never be forgotten.

Wait... I can see LL Cool J and Ice T without listening to their music?

That's awesome!

Now we need a show we can see Ice Cube on.

Heck, I might start watching broadcast television again.

You forgot to add that every episode of NCISLA ends with a massive gun fight.

There is that. Up front, a gratuitous sex crime, major firefight at the end, and the occasional ***** slap interspersed throughout to keep things interesting.

TV has been going downhill. For the last few years, the night people have been leaving the TV's tuned to USA and Ion on my side of the Precor row. I don't mind the recycled NCIS and cop shows, they are somewhat entertaining, but now they are replacing them with crap like Christley Knows Best and a new show called the Cromarties. I seriously would rather watch an infomercial. Now the cooking shows that were playing on Ion have been replaced with religious programming and/or infomercials seven days a week. I usually change one of the channels to the news but even that is problematic on weekend mornings, which tend to be political commentary vs. actual news.

I've become my dad, I pretty much watch sports only and the occasional news[1] program. Most of TV is a wasteland.

[1] News, hmmm. Back in the Cronkite days, news was mostly news. Now it's sensationalized entertainment and spin, hence occasional.

Best TV is on channels where they don't have to worry about offending sponsors. Premium cable and streaming. Also, I can't stand laugh tracks.

Law & Order Special Victim's Unit

FTFY.

Thank you. You can see how attentive I am to these shows.
told ya'll that he was mailing these in but noooo the sac supporters said he still has it. Sac is done like dinner.

Back