Sac's independent movie review - The Dead Don't Care for Venegence

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA

First of all, cudos to them for creating an independent movie. A low budget, independent movie.

Let's start with the bad guys. The bad guys are running around... New Orleans? Can't tell. Some US city. Pick one. They all went to the same college fraternity. Actually, they all are probably IN the same college fraternity. Not actually sure what their bad guy objectives are. A third in to it and we are still under the assumption that it is general bad guy highjinx which is apparently a threat to national security. We don't know if these are domestic bad guys, or foreign bad guys acting domestically. They all have bad faked foreign sounding accents. Could go either way. Bottom line, who would be tracking these bad guys... The... FBI. And local police. That's what they do. I mean, they should be tracking these bad guys. But they aren't.

Now let's move on to the good guys. The good guys are all CIA. They are obviously, from the rival college frat house with the clothing attire to suit. "Suit." I think you see what I did there. Even the supervisor back at McLean in charge of the "op." Well, the girl is probably from the sorority. Or not. If she was from the sorority there would be more girls. Well, the good guys are running a field op to round up the bad guys. They have fistfights, firefights, and tussles as the op goes south and one of the good guys is captured. Never mind that, a) the CIA does not deal with domestic terrorists or spies, and b) they don't run around with guns. They used to use the Special Forces to do their foreign dirty work, but these days they have a combat trained paramilitary group to do that. The guy running around Moscow with a pistol chasing down the Black Bear would be a hired local. Robert Ludlum can get away with having card carrying CIA assassins by blaming it on an illegal, unsanctioned program. NCIS LA can get away with BS protocol by, well, they have LL Cool J, and he's just cool. Say no more. (And he's actually a very good actor.)

A lot can be said for professional acting. You would think among the cast of, what, half a dozen frat boys on each side, at least some of them were capable of speaking script lines in other than a forced, contrived vocal tone, but no. Low budget means cerebral. Not, amateurish fight scenes that look like your typical grade school scuffle. You think maybe they could have recruited some of the profs to join the cast and add a little bit of maturity and experience to the mix? Just a thought?

I dunno. My thoughts are all over the board. I seem to be attacking this poor group of cinematographic arts students for putting forth a great effort, but these are the D students. I like C students. They struggle and make it work. B students are fine. A students are arrogant and don't get it. D students truly don't give a damn.

I like Youtube movies, but I am very selective. Russia seems to be producing some nicely made, propagandic but convincing action adventure these days. I like amateur stuff too, like @SixPapaCharlie videos, and @Ted DuPuis Cobra build series. But, at least 6PC gets paid, so I guess he's a pro. Ted? I dunno, is he getting paid? Maybe he's a pro too. I write, I get paid, people like my stuff, but I still consider myself to be an amateur. I'm sure most of my following feels likewise.

I'm not saying don't watch this. Grab yourself a nice helping of tuna casserole, scoff at low wing and nose dragger pilots, and enjoy some laughably comedic antics.

You should review Range 15.

I am very much not a pro.

<- he's surprised he's forced to say:

I love Sac!

First of all, cudos to them for creating an independent movie. A low budget, independent movie.

Let's start with the bad guys. The bad guys are running around... New Orleans? Can't tell. Some US city. Pick one. They all went to the same college fraternity. Actually, they all are probably IN the same college fraternity. Not actually sure what their bad guy objectives are. A third in to it and we are still under the assumption that it is general bad guy highjinx which is apparently a threat to national security. We don't know if these are domestic bad guys, or foreign bad guys acting domestically. They all have bad faked foreign sounding accents. Could go either way. Bottom line, who would be tracking these bad guys... The... FBI. And local police. That's what they do. I mean, they should be tracking these bad guys. But they aren't.

Now let's move on to the good guys. The good guys are all CIA. They are obviously, from the rival college frat house with the clothing attire to suit. "Suit." I think you see what I did there. Even the supervisor back at McLean in charge of the "op." Well, the girl is probably from the sorority. Or not. If she was from the sorority there would be more girls. Well, the good guys are running a field op to round up the bad guys. They have fistfights, firefights, and tussles as the op goes south and one of the good guys is captured. Never mind that, a) the CIA does not deal with domestic terrorists or spies, and b) they don't run around with guns. They used to use the Special Forces to do their foreign dirty work, but these days they have a combat trained paramilitary group to do that. The guy running around Moscow with a pistol chasing down the Black Bear would be a hired local. Robert Ludlum can get away with having card carrying CIA assassins by blaming it on an illegal, unsanctioned program. NCIS LA can get away with BS protocol by, well, they have LL Cool J, and he's just cool. Say no more. (And he's actually a very good actor.)

A lot can be said for professional acting. You would think among the cast of, what, half a dozen frat boys on each side, at least some of them were capable of speaking script lines in other than a forced, contrived vocal tone, but no. Low budget means cerebral. Not, amateurish fight scenes that look like your typical grade school scuffle. You think maybe they could have recruited some of the profs to join the cast and add a little bit of maturity and experience to the mix? Just a thought?

I dunno. My thoughts are all over the board. I seem to be attacking this poor group of cinematographic arts students for putting forth a great effort, but these are the D students. I like C students. They struggle and make it work. B students are fine. A students are arrogant and don't get it. D students truly don't give a damn.

I like Youtube movies, but I am very selective. Russia seems to be producing some nicely made, propagandic but convincing action adventure these days. I like amateur stuff too, like @SixPapaCharlie videos, and @Ted DuPuis Cobra build series. But, at least 6PC gets paid, so I guess he's a pro. Ted? I dunno, is he getting paid? Maybe he's a pro too. I write, I get paid, people like my stuff, but I still consider myself to be an amateur. I'm sure most of my following feels likewise.

I'm not saying don't watch this. Grab yourself a nice helping of tuna casserole, scoff at low wing and nose dragger pilots, and enjoy some laughably comedic antics.

So is this like one of them movies where if you've seen the trailer, you've seen the movie?

You should review Range 15.

Okay... I'm not going to post the link to that lest the MC ban me and send @Everskyward on a termination mission with a satchel of Molotov cocktails.

Let's just say the right way to fund an indie movie is to get several of the major manufacturers of tactical firepower and survival gear to plug their equipment to prove one thing - they effectively kill zombies.

Synopsis: A group of ex military vets gets locked up in jail, the zombie apocalypse breaks out, and they end up taking on a mission to deliver an antidote consisting of homemade whiskey laced with viper semen to a group of scientists. Hundreds of zombies are killed on the way, a human/zombie relationship occurs on a gas station counter top, and pretty much every sentence of dialogue has an F bomb. Pretty much every social moray, taboo, and ethical standard is violated.

And it's funny as all F.

Okay... I'm not going to post the link to that lest the MC ban me and send @Everskyward on a termination mission with a satchel of Molotov cocktails.

Let's just say the right way to fund an indie movie is to get several of the major manufacturers of tactical firepower and survival gear to plug their equipment to prove one thing - they effectively kill zombies.

Synopsis: A group of ex military vets gets locked up in jail, the zombie apocalypse breaks out, and they end up taking on a mission to deliver an antidote consisting of homemade whiskey laced with viper semen to a group of scientists. Hundreds of zombies are killed on the way, a human/zombie relationship occurs on a gas station counter top, and pretty much every sentence of dialogue has an F bomb. Pretty much every social moray, taboo, and ethical standard is violated.

And it's funny as all F.

Lmao. Watched a trailer. It had an FF bomb. No typo, FF, two F’s. Is there like a list somewhere of this, shall we say ‘genre’ of films? Including those ruskie propagandic ones you mentioned above.

Back