Sacrifices you made to afford the time and money to fly?

I'm just wondering what sacrifices you made to fly and do flight training if you are short on time and money? Anything you do to spend less money or time on, just to have more time and money to fly? Would you even live a bare-bones lifestyle just to afford the time and money to fly or do flight training?

Cougarlife.com

Find you a sugar momma.

I paid for the flying myself but a sugar momma would be a good alternative

Last edited:
Lonely? Hardly. I didn't say no women... girlfriends are easy to find especially when your gainfully employed and have no kids. (Having a plane doesn't hurt either) As you can imagine they are are way less expensive then wives and don't have veto power on what I choose to spend my time and money on.
As for kids.. Their are already way too many humans on this little planet and I enjoy my peace and quiet too much!
To each his own I guess.

I want to amend my answer. After thinking about it, I never saw any of the stuff I did as a "sacrifice". Society might have. But I wouldn't change any of it. So asking about "sacrifices"... I dunno. Maybe the question is flawed from the initial premise. Either you want to fly or you want to do the other stuff.

Lonely? Hardly. I didn't say no women... girlfriends are easy to find especially when your gainfully employed and have no kids. (Having a plane doesn't hurt either) As you can imagine they are are way less expensive then wives and don't have veto power on what I choose to spend my time and money on.
As for kids.. Their are already way too many humans on this little planet and I enjoy my peace and quiet too much!
To each his own I guess.

Man, I used to be just like you. When I was single, flying in Alaska and had jump seat privileges I dated girls from all over the world. I would take my 14 days off every month and go visit a girl in her home country. Did a lot of traveling and enjoyed it. I might have been alone, but I was never lonely. Now as a married man, I would never go back to what I used to do. Went to one country too many, I guess..:lol:

I live very close to work now. I no longer have a garage. I am actually going to take the bus and just get a very high-mileage something.....this is the best car I ever owned. :(
IMG_0738[2].JPG

Used up basically all my savings, while trying to work a job to keep paying for it. End of the day, i wouldnt change a thing.

Back