Sacramento/Davis/Marysville...looking to fly and/or share some time..

Raftthis101

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Raftthis101
Hi Everyone. Finally got time recently to fully dig into my fixed wing flying over the last month and passed my checkride ASEL last week (already had my private rotor rating and fixed wing felt MUCH harder). :yes:

If anyone around here is getting close to their ASEL checkride, feel free to hit me up for my write up. It's a little different than most, since mine was an add on rating, rather than the full amount of ground and one of my CFI's asked specifically for feedback on my DPE...

I am looking for folks to hopefully connect with and fly with some during the week mostly (have kids I have to care for on weekends) and possibly build some time and experience with. Also interested in just hanging and chatting aviation. Been flying mostly out of MYV, and EDU, but glad to fly out of any of the local airports, including Lincoln, Auburn, or Sac Exec...:)

There is a fairly active NorCal POA $100 burger group. It's mostly Bay Area folks, but you're not very far. Look in the "Cool Places to Fly" forum.

At some point, I'm going to haul the kid up to Placerville for a gold rush fest.

Congrats on passing your checkride.

Congrats on your checkride! I fly out of EDU let me know when you're around here or if you wanna go somewhere.

Hi Everyone. Finally got time recently to fully dig into my fixed wing flying over the last month and passed my checkride ASEL last week (already had my private rotor rating and fixed wing felt MUCH harder). :yes:

If anyone around here is getting close to their ASEL checkride, feel free to hit me up for my write up. It's a little different than most, since mine was an add on rating, rather than the full amount of ground and one of my CFI's asked specifically for feedback on my DPE...

I am looking for folks to hopefully connect with and fly with some during the week mostly (have kids I have to care for on weekends) and possibly build some time and experience with. Also interested in just hanging and chatting aviation. Been flying mostly out of MYV, and EDU, but glad to fly out of any of the local airports, including Lincoln, Auburn, or Sac Exec...:)

Congratulations! Some of the group is out of the Sac area. I am at Lincoln. I don't think we have done anything mid week, yet and now with it getting dark at 5:00 and most people having a day job... You could always post a suggestion though on the NorCal Eternal Meetings page and see if anyone bites: http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1312778&highlight=norcal#post1312778

Or, just drag the kids along.

Congrats for the checkride. I passed mine about 2 months ago. I found about the Norcal group. It is a great source, has been very helpful and encouraging for me. They most fly weekends but you should check it out for during the week activity.
I am off some Mondays but not sure about flying at this time.

If you wanted to buy into a nice little plane you could call your own, here's a pretty good deal, I think the monthly fees are around $70.. Out of the 4 partners only one or two ever fly it.. If I remember correctly it might've gotten 30hrs or less in the last year.. Hangared at OVE (25mi north of Marysville) Congrats on the checkride!
image_zpscbff6ddb.jpg

If you wanted to buy into a nice little plane you could call your own, here's a pretty good deal, I think the monthly fees are around $70.. Out of the 4 partners only one or two ever fly it.. If I remember correctly it might've gotten 30hrs or less in the last year.. Hangared at OVE (25mi north of Marysville) Congrats on the checkride!
image_zpscbff6ddb.jpg

Wow, wish I could find that kind of partnership here is socal

Back