Sacramento / Auburn: Airport Recommendations?

VWGhiaBob

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
VWGhiaBob
I’m flying to the Auburn, CA area for the day tomorrow. I need to rent a car. There are none available in Auburn…all sold out. Anyone know that area? Are there other airports where I can more easily rent a car and drive? There’s KSMF of course, but it’s far and I’m not sure if they are GA friendly.

Any help appreciated!

Thank you.

Car rentals are a problem no matter where you go these days. Good luck.

I’m flying to the Auburn, CA area for the day tomorrow. I need to rent a car. There are none available in Auburn…all sold out. Anyone know that area? Are there other airports where I can more easily rent a car and drive? There’s KSMF of course, but it’s far and I’m not sure if they are GA friendly.

Any help appreciated!

Thank you.
upload_2021-8-19_22-34-34.png

Any help appreciated!

Thank you.
Try Turo

Call McClellan Jet Center at KMCC. If a rental car exists, they will do their best to find it. They deal with both Hertz and Enterprise. Hertz tried to screw me on a recent trip, Jet Center caught it, called me, and fixed it with Enterprise. Can't say enough good things about the service they deliver, multiple times.

Last edited:
It’s been years since I’ve been there but Signature @ SMF is pretty nice. Some tie downs at the south end ready to use. Who knows, maybe they have a crew car or perhaps they can arrange a rental.

Call McClellan Jet Center at KMCC. If a rental car exists, they will do their best to find it. They deal with both Hertz and Enterprise. Hertz tried to screw me on a recent trip, Jet Center caught it, called me, and fixed it with Enterprise. Can't say enough good things about the service they deliver, multiple times.
This worked. Thanks!

Perhaps renting a u haul truck would be easier. ;)

Back