s-tec 60 altitude capture

tim turbett

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
TimmyShazam
I fly a 182 equipped with aspen 1000, garmin 750, garmin 430. Autopilot is an STec 60. HDG and Nav are fantastic. I can not get ALT to capture.

Hav gone through preflight test.

Thoughts? I read on here not to take it for the service center to "take a peak". In addition, the service center is over an hour from home so less than convenient.

What am I missing? What can I do to avoid the "take a peak" service call?

Thanks.

I would suggest calling Genesys. They have been very helpful and knowledgeable when troubleshooting shooting their autopilot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you be more specific? What do you mean by not capture, and when? The plastic pressure transducer is a common fault point, as are cracked or broken static pressure lines.

Can you be more specific? What do you mean by not capture, and when? The plastic pressure transducer is a common fault point, as are cracked or broken static pressure lines.
This.

Do you mean it doesn't engage at all? Or that it engages and works fine but doesn't capture a glideslope?

The S-Tec 60 does not have altitude hold. The S-Tec 60-2 does. Do you have a -2 unit?

Last edited:
Can anybody share the wiring diagram or install manual for the System 60 PSS (Pitch Stabilization System)? The unit in my turbo arrow is turning on but stopped working. Thanks in advance.

Back