S-Tec 30 Question

Dav8or

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave
Does anybody know what is involved with changing the light bulb that back lights the turn coordinator? Mine went out and I'm assuming it's just a burn out.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Does anybody know what is involved with changing the light bulb that back lights the turn coordinator? Mine went out and I'm assuming it's just a burn out.
I can't say for certain but I suspect it's a "light tray" that's easily replaced after removing the gyro from the panel.

I can't say for certain but I suspect it's a "light tray" that's easily replaced after removing the gyro from the panel.

Typically the case, but I too cannot say 100% as mine isn't back lit so I haven't had the pleasure of making the swap.

Thanks!

Can always call them for support.....:rofl:

Can always call them for support.....:rofl:

Since Cobham bought them, I see much higher support prices. Hopefully the unit won't need to go back.

Since Cobham bought them, I see much higher support prices. Hopefully the unit won't need to go back.

I did not know they were bought out. At least they won't be orphand and you still should be able to get repairs & parts.

Is it a light tray or a post light?
If it is a post light, you only need to unscrew the cap and install a new GE light bulb. If you got a light tray from NU-LIGHT, you need to buy another tray from NU-LIGHT.

Thanks for all the replies! I posted this question here, AOPA forums, the Purple Board and MooneySpace. It seems nobody knows the answer for sure, most speculate that it's some sort of light tray with grain of wheat bulbs.

Back