S.Korean aircraft in your future?

CT4ME

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
CT4ME
OK, this is weird and I can already see the trolls and naysayers sharpening their pencils...
I've been researching the recently announced Flight Design LSA that has S.Korean heritage, the KLA-100. This aircraft has government support, helping to learn more about the GA market and the process of Worldwide aircraft certification. They've even ordered a bunch of the aircraft to be used as trainers.
Now, I find that the KLA-100 has a big brother, the KC-100, and it appears headed towards the American market. This project is similar, in that it had government support (going back several years), and they've already ordered numerous aircraft. In fact, the military trainer version, the KT-100 is being delivered already. FAA certification is in the process.
The KC-100 looks similar to a Cirrus, and seems to have similar specs. It appears that S.Korea is serious about developing a GA market.

I'll bet it has a nice tail design.

I see what you did.....

fake91.jpg

He was being facetious. That is not South Korean.

Yeah, the fact that she looks nothing like any of the numerous Korean ladies I have known in my life including my wife sort of gave me a hint she wasn't Korean. Thanks though.

I've been researching the recently announced Flight Design LSA that has S.Korean heritage, the KLA-100.

Flight Design is a German company that went bankrupt. Before doing so it tried to start making planes via a Taiwan company that has a Chinese plant. Today that Taiwan company continues to make the SLSA CT and supports the existing fleet with parts. The German company is supposed to be bankrupt yet announced this plane: https://www.flyer.co.uk/flight-design-recovers-with-kla-100-low-wing-trainer/

If the Taiwan company manages to certify and start to deliver the KT-100 in the USA it will be a direct knock-off of the Cirrus SR22T. Side-stick, four seats, same engine, same performance, FIKI, likely the Garmin Nxi panel, fixed gear. But no parachute. And the price is unknown.

Yeah, the fact that she looks nothing like any of the numerous Korean ladies I have known in my life including my wife sort of gave me a hint she wasn't Korean. Thanks though.

Always glad to reinforce the obvious.

Why not? They make lots of components for Boeing, Bell, Airbus etc. It's just manufacturing.

I saw that... just about the only mention anywhere. It looks like some things take time, way more than initially anticipated.

Back