S.I.R.S. NV-2C Compass??

Gary

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Gary
Need to replace the original, stock, panel mount whiskey compass.

This looks interesting:

http://www.gca.aero/detail/5605/Instrument/SIRS/NV-2C/

Bit pricer than the Airpath, but possibly better quality? Anyone with actual experience? One concern is visibility, the face seems, from the picture, to be angled downward, this would indicate that a panel mount may make it harder to see, hence my choice for a mount on the windshield post.

Any practical experience? Your words of wisdom will be gratefully considered.:D

Gary

Need to replace the original, stock, panel mount whiskey compass.

This looks interesting:

http://www.gca.aero/detail/5605/Instrument/SIRS/NV-2C/

Bit pricer than the Airpath, but possibly better quality? Anyone with actual experience? One concern is visibility, the face seems, from the picture, to be angled downward, this would indicate that a panel mount may make it harder to see, hence my choice for a mount on the windshield post.

Any practical experience? Your words of wisdom will be gratefully considered.:D

Gary

No experience with it but their design description sounds like a winner to me. OTOH, you can buy an Airpath for less than $80 and they seem to work OK for several years without maintenance. The SIRS is likely better damped and can probably be corrected more accurately but the important question is whether or not this is worth paying three times as much for a new compass.

When my 30 yr old compass died, I went with the SIRS mounted on the glareshield. The numbers are really large and easy to read. Being on the glareshield, I can tilt it up and down to make sure it's level.

For those wanting a vertical compass...what do you all recommend?

For those wanting a vertical compass...what do you all recommend?

The Tates Compass company had a pretty good one until somebody noticed that it showed north when you were going south and east when you were going west.

All of which proves the old saying that "He Who Has A Tates Is Lost".

:raspberry:

The Tates Compass company had a pretty good one until somebody noticed that it showed north when you were going south and east when you were going west.

All of which proves the old saying that "He Who Has A Tates Is Lost".

:raspberry:

GROoooooooan....

Back