S Cutler, aviation hero

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Thats all I can say, as discretion prevents me from revealing more.
Unless/until he gives the OK.
:O

???

???

???

Is this a conspiracy by lawyers or what?

:goofy:

Edit: Oops... sorry, wrong Dave Taylor! :redface:

Last edited by a moderator:
The esteemed Mr. Cutler will tell you the details, but my understanding is that he had an audience with the people who run our great state on Monday, and he took a full day off work, to drive to the state capitol on his own nickel - to give our side of the story pertaining to Addison Airport and how some there want to run us off and use the airport for their own purposes.
See, some attorneys are wonderful guys. Correct, and fill in the details Spike.

Outed!

ADS wants to legislate away the requirement for fairness in fees and access restrictions for "through the fence" users, for ADS and ADS only.

I was but one of many who went to Austin yesterday to testify against the bill which the Town so wrongly thought they'd slip through on us by concealing the identity of the affected airport.

Outed!

ADS wants to legislate away the requirement for fairness in fees and access restrictions for "through the fence" users, for ADS and ADS only.

I was but one of many who went to Austin yesterday to testify against the bill which the Town so wrongly thought they'd slip through on us by concealing the identity of the affected airport.
I'm glad to see you get involved. Any effort in one airport environment can go a long way to help another, even in another state.

I'm lost though on the "through the fence" user idea. Splain, please?

Were they wanting to charge more for some than others?

Thanks for putting your skills to use for the benefit of us all Spike. Still think someone should be paying you. Or at least let you fly right seat in...something big, to get to Austin!

Spike,
You are one of the few lawyers who isn't going to H3LL. I appreciate you buddy and always have. You RULE!

David
:D

Spike,

You folks sure seem to have more than your share of legal troubles at that field, mostly with the town. Good on ya for fighting the good fight! Now when this bill gets defeated, they'll have to put you on the task force to not get ADS recognized as The Home Of Six Dollar Avgas. :eek:

Thanks Spike; we need all the help we can get.

The town losing two law suits hasn't yet convinced leaders they are relying upon the wrong legal eagles. They do seem to be coming around. Three city leaders have communicated with me in the last couple weeks and I can't even vote there!! (Course, I can do other things!!)

Thanks again Spike, for seeing this thing for what it is and brining it up to state leaders.

Best,

Dave

And here I thought Dave might be hinting that Spike got a Woodie... er a Super Viking. :) But no, the news is even better.

Spike, good show. Great thing to do, and benefits all aviation users.

I'm lost though on the "through the fence" user idea. Splain, please?

"Through The Fence" operations.....

These are folks who own land adjacent to the airport property that have/had access, usually because they have been around forever, but do not pay any $$$ as in rent or access fees.

Example: Mr X who has flown out of this airport since shep was a pup has his little business repairing aircraft. He fires up and taxi's out and departs at will. His business does very well and he really puts no dollars per say back into the airport. All this while Mr Y who is on the airport and does contribute with rent and or fees is forced to compete with Mr X.

It gets better....Mr. X now really gets ticked that the airport he has been working/flying out of, again since Jesus was an alter boy, decides to fence the airport (post 911 security and all). The airport folks get so much grief from Mr. X that they provide him with *free* gates and he still refuses to lock them at night or pay any fees, thus allowing bambi and all his friends to roam about freely along with anyone that wishes to gain access with out security clearance.

<sigh>...welcome to my world of airports

Last edited:
Our case is just a bit different, but in principle the same. Can't say a lot because of pending litigation.

The owner of our hangers had a business elsewhere. When this airport was in the boonies, airport management at the time told him if he would move his business adjacent to the airport, they would provide him free access forever, among other things.

A new management group was hired by city leaders years later; past promises didn't mean anything to them. Being fair and acting in compliance with laws didn't mean much either.

Among other things, they wanted the off airport folks to pay high access fees that weren't based upon what it costs the airport to provide access--as is required by law. They are a municipality--not a free enterprise. They discriminated with arbitrary requirements that no other pilot flying into the airport had to comply with. Gates are locked in our case. Actually are devaluing the private property of the off airport folks and have been clear they would like to bulldoze the private property improvements and build new facilities.

Two law suits have been decided against the city. They continue to be obstinate. More to follow.

As with all things, each circumstance can be different. It's not just through-the-fence; it's how the municipality handles things.

Best,

Dave

Isn't this the guy who posted on red who "had an accident" smashing the locked gate with his pickup truck?

I will say that Spike has spoken to me more than a few times about this since the legislation was proposed. IIRC Spike has traveled to Austin on MORE than one occasion regarding this issue. There acutally is a video of Spike and others testimony regarding the matter. I was pleasantly surprised! Have you ever spoken with my friend Spike at a mile a minute with a Texas Drawl then throw in legal ease to boot. :hairraise:

I gotta tell ya I saw the video. Spike did awesome. He presented the issue and the facts so clearly and simply it was just Great! Bravo Zulu Spike

I gotta tell ya I saw the video. Spike did awesome. He presented the issue and the facts so clearly and simply it was just Great! Bravo Zulu Spike

Hmm..I'd be interested in seeing this video..

I'm thinking back to an Alabama song...

Thanks largely to politicians, their greed and hunger for power... a man's word and a handshake are no longer of value. Honor be damned!

Back