RyanAir Passenger mutiny over bag fees

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
http://www.irishcentral.com/story/n...ght-after-extra-baggage-charge-115428404.html

There was a passenger mutiny aboard a Ryanair plane in Lanzarote in the Canary Islands after Ryanair tried to charge one passenger extra for carry on luggage.

The flight bound for Belgium was canceled and over one hundred passengers removed after the pilot radioed for assistance when friends of the passenger “became disruptive and refused to comply with crew instructions.”
Wow, good for them.

I wonder if we had some pax mutinies over TSA if anything would get done here? But as we saw over the holidays with the enhanced pat-down protest we are just sheeple and the airline industry will continue to erode to nothing more than human cargo flights.

I'd like to hear the rest of the story. It is surprising that someone would protest when an airline well known for charging extra charges extra.

What's the policy they used to charge for the bag.:dunno:

I'd like to hear the rest of the story. It is surprising that someone would protest when an airline well known for charging extra charges extra.

What's the policy they used to charge for the bag.:dunno:

I thought Ryanair charged for both carry-on and checked bags. But I guess not.

Here's their fee schedule: Link

Let's see, they disrupted a flight because they were charged for a bag fee that the airline says they would charge. Then their disruption causes the cancellation of the flight, disrupting the travel plans of another 100 or more of their fellow travelers. Real heroes.:rolleyes2:

Back