DSCN2218.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 99
  • DSCN2219.jpg
    DSCN2219.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCN2220.jpg
    DSCN2220.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 227
Which model and what is your opinion of the workmanship?

Which model and what is your opinion of the workmanship?

I didn't ask, but the workmanship was old school craftman. It looked really nice.

I found this this weekend. $3600.00

if you are really interested PM me

...or call direct...

attachment.php

Looks like an RV-6. The spar stubs are the right style and are too long to be RV-4 wings.

Looks like an RV-6. The spar stubs are the right style and are too long to be RV-4 wings.

Call Ed Brown, at the number in the pictures, he is an A&P that is selling this kit for a widow of the builder.

Buy this, and have me finish it for ya. labor by the hour, or other arrangement.

Remember this is just the airframe kit.. no engine or avionics.

Have you looked at the pile of parts in enough detail to SWAG a labor hour estimate to make that pile a unified structure somewhat resembling an airplane?

I just see emp and wing kit parts. Is the finishing kit or fuselage kit hiding in there somewhere?

I've spent ~1500 hours on my RV9A since it was in that stage. I would imagine the 6 would take even longer.

If anyone buys, be sure to get proper paperwork showing transfer of kit ownership. If paperwork is unavailable, you should contact Vans directly to make sure you can get a new bill of sale, which is required for FAA registration.

Have you looked at the pile of parts in enough detail to SWAG a labor hour estimate to make that pile a unified structure somewhat resembling an airplane?

No....... I saw it was for sale and took some pictures, If you'd like me to take a better look, I can do that.

But please don't run me 50 miles up river unless you are serious.

I'll throw the trip in if you buy. other wise I'll charge you.

I just see emp and wing kit parts. Is the finishing kit or fuselage kit hiding in there somewhere?

Yes, every thing you'd get in a kit from Vans is there.

I've spent ~1500 hours on my RV9A since it was in that stage. I would imagine the 6 would take even longer.

If anyone buys, be sure to get proper paperwork showing transfer of kit ownership. If paperwork is unavailable, you should contact Vans directly to make sure you can get a new bill of sale, which is required for FAA registration.

All you need is the VANS serial number to prove it was a Kit, who owned it before is no matter to the FAA, All the FAA wants to know is who built the kit, and who assembled it. the chain of ownership does not start until the aircraft is registered as an N number.

No....... I saw it was for sale and took some pictures, If you'd like me to take a better look, I can do that.

But please don't run me 50 miles up river unless you are serious.

I'll throw the trip in if you buy. other wise I'll charge you.

No, not serious at all Tom. Mostly just curious about how many hours (and $$s) something like that might be to go from "pile" to "flyable".

No, not serious at all Tom. Mostly just curious about how many hours (and $$s) something like that might be to go from "pile" to "flyable".

It takes enough time to make the owner happy, no more, no less.

All you need is the VANS serial number to prove it was a Kit, who owned it before is no matter to the FAA, All the FAA wants to know is who built the kit, and who assembled it. the chain of ownership does not start until the aircraft is registered as an N number.

Not accurate.

As someone who purchased a kit from a first owner, and finished it - the chain of ownership starts at the kit manufacturer, through all kit owners.

Tim

The FAA says:
"• If more than 50% of your amateur-built aircraft was built from a kit (prefabricated parts), you must also include a kit bill of sale from the kit manufacturer. Note: A regular Aircraft Bill of Sale, AC Form 8050-2 (PDF) ) is acceptable if the word 'Aircraft' has been marked through and the word 'Kit' entered."

On 8050-2, you track sales from kit manufacturer, through each owner, to you.

Tim

Last edited:
Not accurate.

As someone who purchased a kit from a first owner, and finished it - the chain of ownership starts at the kit manufacturer, through all kit owners.

Tim

The FAA says:
"• If more than 50% of your amateur-built aircraft was built from a kit (prefabricated parts), you must also include a kit bill of sale from the kit manufacturer. Note: A regular Aircraft Bill of Sale, AC Form 8050-2 (PDF) ) is acceptable if the word 'Aircraft' has been marked through and the word 'Kit' entered."

On 8050-2, you track sales from kit manufacturer, through each owner, to you.

Tim

The FAA has no records of kits unless you provide it.

The 8050-1 is acceptable but not required by FAR. What is acceptable is what the airworthiness inspector will accept.

I know of 4 kits that were bought off E-bay with intermediate owners unkownn, and they are flying now.

remember you are buying parts when the kit is partially built.

The FAA has no records of kits unless you provide it.

The 8050-1 is acceptable but not required by FAR. What is acceptable is what the airworthiness inspector will accept.

I know of 4 kits that were bought off E-bay with intermediate owners unkownn, and they are flying now.

remember you are buying parts when the kit is partially built.

I see what you are getting at now. On the 8050-88, you ares saying you would check the box that says "built from misc parts", not the next box down "built from kit".

Well, that's not the guidance I had from the MIDO, but whatever works to get it done.

Tim

Yes, every thing you'd get in a kit from Vans is there.

Perhaps everything you'd get in the wing kit and emp kit, but I still don't see any fuse or finishing kit parts, unless there's more to it than what's on the trailer. There certainly isn't a cowl or canopy there. The fuse kit and finish kit come from Van's in boxes that are each roughly 4'x8'x2'.

Van's still sells those kits for the RV6 though, so it isn't a big deal for a buyer. So long as the workmanship is good, the price seems reasonable.

Here's my fuse/finish kit boxes for comparison. As you can see, there's lots of stuff there. I don't see any pieces from either kits on the trailer.

summer%25252008%252520087.JPG

033.JPG

Last edited:
Here's my fuse/finish kit boxes for comparison. As you can see, there's lots of stuff there. I don't see any pieces from either kits on the trailer.

I saw 3 boxes that size on the trailer, I did not look to see what is in them.

I took pictures from 2 sides only. because the trailer was parked against the wall.

What harm if any do Clecos do to rivet holes in the alum when transported 50 miles on a crappy trailer over rough road bed? Specifically, will the drilled holes tend to elongate or deform?

What harm if any do Clecos do to rivet holes in the alum when transported 50 miles on a crappy trailer over rough road bed? Specifically, will the drilled holes tend to elongate or deform?

I don't know, I've never done that.

Checking the Ad, it is a RV 4 and all the parts for the aircraft are there. it doesn't say if the trailer is included.

Back