RV-9A

Don Jones

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
DJones
Well after years of wanting to build a RV, I finally made the move to get it done. I ordered the tail kit, which has already arrived. Tools should be here today, workshop cleanup and preparation is progressing, honey do list is dwindling, time to get it done!

Cool Don. I know you're a guy that can get it done. I would like to someday...

Awesome! Welcome to the wild world of RV building! Are you going to QB any of it or slow-build the whole way?

Good luck and keep us posted!

Awesome! Welcome to the wild world of RV building! Are you going to QB any of it or slow-build the whole way?

Good luck and keep us posted!

It's probably going to be a slow build, 9k buys a lot of avionics. Unless I hit the lottery of course.;)

It's probably going to be a slow build, 9k buys a lot of avionics. Unless I hit the lottery of course.;)

Cool! The 7A was all slow-build. Even though they call it 'slow', you can realistically have it done in 2+/- years or less if you are able to tinker with it for even 1/2 - 1 hr 4-5 nights/week and then put a long day in each weekend. We had the -7A done (from first box arriving to first flight) in 2.5 years (almost to the day) and we waited for parts for a total of about 5 months and it was in the paint shop for 3 months (long story). Dad would work on it almost every night after work - even if it was just to put a few rivets in before going shopping with my mom - then I would come in on weekends and we would assemble all the 'small' parts he had accumulated during the week. Worked out pretty well I thought. :)

Building anything that flys is reason enough to be happy. Just remember the process may begin as a way to get the airplane you want, however it soon turns into the project that you love.

Enjjoy the process building is more about the journey than the destination.

John

Building my Pietenpol one stick at at time and loving it

Back