RV-7A Parter Wanted

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
The RV-7A will be hangered in Crete, Nebraska KCEK. 0-320, fixed pitch prop, VFR panel, 230 TT, nice paint rated 8 out of 10.

180 mph on 8.5 GPH. Easy to fly.

$37,500 + split other costs and maintainance.

Last edited:
So tempting--but pretty well outside of what I could commit to spending....Wish I could though :) Don't exactly have $37,000 burning a hole in my checking account, nor do I imagine financing would be easy to require without collateral..

IFR would be nice..hmmmm.... Someday :)

Last edited:
Wow. If that's just a 2-partner deal, that's not too bad - especially if the other partner is able to do MX on it.

While I agree the RV's are easy to fly once you get used to them, it does require a bit of transition training in them to be proficient at handling their characteristics. Nothing that a few hours of dual with an experienced RV CFI can't fix. ;)

Couldn't you do that, Tony?

I would like to be one of them. But I want to be an RV-7 (not -7A) CFI. :D

i think that im only knowledgable about the RV-X's to be dangerous as an instructor. Chris and I have done a fair bit of flying in his -7A, and most of that was instrument training. the flight review and commercial training that i did with him was good for both of us. Id want to take one out on my own for several hours and get a good feel for the all around handling before i checked someone out.

the flight review and commercial training that i did with him was good for both of us. Id want to take one out on my own for several hours and get a good feel for the all around handling before i checked someone out.

Indeed it was. It definitely opened the envelope a bit more on my end and helped me better define where the edges of the envelope are. There is still a lot of envelope to be discovered, though. :) Why do I have the sudden urge to go mail something?

I still need to go fly with Doug up in Mason City sometime to get a 'real' feel of what the airplane can do. I wouldn't feel comfortable with doing checkouts in the RV's until I felt comfortable enough to introduce a 'student' to the vast array of unusual attitudes you can get yourself into that you never thought were possible.

And we're just talking about the lowly little RV. I can't imagine what a check pilot for an Extra 300 has to go through!

you mean "should go through"

obviously either of us could teach someone how to take off, cruise, and land and RV, and maybe throw in a few conventional power on and off stalls. but that would hardly be a checkout.

you mean "should go through"

obviously either of us could teach someone how to take off, cruise, and land and RV, and maybe throw in a few conventional power on and off stalls. but that would hardly be a checkout.

Exactly, which is the type of checkout I got. At the time it seemed adequate because, even with a limited checkout in the RV, you feel like you have gained a lot of knowledge. The only problem is that you don't realize there is so much MORE knowledge that you really should have beyond what a limited checkout gives.

Back