Rv-10

flyersfan31

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Freiburgfan31
Anyone here building/built one? It really looks like an ideal competitor to the 182. I don't know how it might do on short fields, but cruise & load look pretty good. Too bad I don't have 1,000hrs to sink into building one with the quick build options. Oh, sure, I could do 1,000hrs, but that would take away from flying. I can't imagine waiting 5-10yrs to get my baby finished!

At any rate, I would like to enjoy the RV10 vicariously, so if anyone out there has one/is building one, please chime in.

Anyone here building/built one? It really looks like an ideal competitor to the 182. I don't know how it might do on short fields, but cruise & load look pretty good. Too bad I don't have 1,000hrs to sink into building one with the quick build options. Oh, sure, I could do 1,000hrs, but that would take away from flying. I can't imagine waiting 5-10yrs to get my baby finished!

At any rate, I would like to enjoy the RV10 vicariously, so if anyone out there has one/is building one, please chime in.

There are lots of RV-10's already flying. You might enjoy lurking in the RV-10 forum at VansAirforce.net: http://www.vansairforce.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Lots of those guys have web construction blogs linked in their sigs.

There's a chance we might be starting a -10 this winter. *fingers crossed* If we do it, we'll probably do the quick build options since we have already had the learning experience and JOY of riveting wing and fuselage skins. Been there, done that!

Rumor has it that a guy took a -10 quick build fuse and combined it with his completed slow build wings and tail for a 1 year completion time. He took a while to get the tail and wings done, but once he had all the 'components' there, he was done and flying in about a year. Sounds like a challenge! :)

Another option is the 2 weeks to taxi program ( http://www.twoweekstotaxi.com/ ). It's not cheap, and your options are limited, but it seems to give the best of both worlds; you get the experience of building and knowledge of your airplanes systems without a huge time commitment. If I had the money and was interested in an RV-10, that is probably what I would chose over buying a completed project. It is also a program where you do participate in the build, so you don't have the potential problems with the FAA you could have buying a completed aircraft from a "profesional builder".

I'm in the process of building one at Wings. I'm speeding up the process by using the wings from a relativly new C182 N36TP and sticking them on the correct side of the plane.:D

I'm in the process of building one at Wings. I'm speeding up the process by using the wings from a relativly new C182 N36TP and sticking them on the correct side of the plane.:D
A high-wing RV? Cool!!! :D

Heh, heh. Well, I'll only have the Sundowner another week, then I'm stuck with the T182T.

Yeah, I like reading those builder reports. Too many photos of building, not enough flying!! I saw one at Wings recently - whoever built it did a really nice job, inside and out. Just needed paint.

Two Weeks To Taxi now offers the same program for the RV-10 and RV-7. It looks a bit pricey to me, but you're off and flying quickly, so that's worth something I suppose.

:cheerswine: Well, I did up an interior in an Rv-10 last Nov06. In Ft. Worth Tx. I did this one to the owners Escalade! lol NOt one like her in the world. I enjoyed the project was fun. The GUys who built it built her in about 8 months w/ numerous changes glass cockpit ,a/c the works! It is a beauty.I have pics on my web site at www.Dtechair.com You can see the engine on my services page. The engine was changed out twice,three different dashes it was an avionic night mare I understand!:redface: BUt turned out great. These guys have built another one in about 6 months!

Our tail kit was ordered on Monday. Hopefully arrive late next week.

I must admit, I was sort of snookered by the performance stats in quoted in mph. 170 sounds great, but when you convert it into kph, well, my 182 ain't looking so bad.

Two weeks to taxi is a fantastic option, since I'm WAAAAAAY too impatient to spend 3-4yrs building one. I'll build something, some day.

I must admit, I was sort of snookered by the performance stats in quoted in mph. 170 sounds great, but when you convert it into kph, well, my 182 ain't looking so bad.

Two weeks to taxi is a fantastic option, since I'm WAAAAAAY too impatient to spend 3-4yrs building one. I'll build something, some day.

If you've got the $$$ for Two Weeks to Taxi, you can do the quickbuild options and still get the 'build' experience and be cheaper than TWtT.

OTOH... If you have a 182 in the hangar already, you're set. :D

Back