Rusty Refresher and IFR training

Etherscreen

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Etherscreen
I got my PPL 10 years ago and haven't flown since. I would like to get back into flying and works towards my IFR. I live close to a local airport in KC but I don't want to do a lesson/flight once every week or 2. I would like to find a school somewhere in the US with excellent training where you get a little more intensive training in a condensed period that is very structured. I don't have to complete the training for IR all at the same time, I just don't want it to drag on for a year. Do any programs like this exist? I would think Embry would have a program for PP like me but I can't find anything on their website.

Pinging @ja_user for this.... he is a really good flight instructor and not that far from you.

Are there any programs where you train for a week, take a couple weeks off and return to train. I want intense training to make sure I am well prepared but dont want to do it all in a week or 2. I would love to learn to fly like the pros but not follow the career path. I just want to fly the family around.

Are there any programs where you train for a week, take a couple weeks off and return to train. I want intense training to make sure I am well prepared but dont want to do it all in a week or 2. I would love to learn to fly like the pros but not follow the career path. I just want to fly the family around.
Talk with Sam (@ja_user) about this. It is very possible he can accommodate your desires and get it done.

Howdy neighbor...

Which local Airport?

Howdy neighbor...

Which local Airport?
KOJC, I think you and I talked a couple years ago about getting back into flying. I need to knock the rust off first and then start my ifr training. Due to my job I would like to do it a little more concentrated than my private but I still want to get great training.

Quit possible. Most of the part 61 CFIs around here are busy enough that they have a waitlist, or have stopped adding to the waitlist. I think the biggest challenge is finding CFI availability now. Give me a call again if you like. There are a couple of options.

Back