Russian Thunder Roars no more

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
last night we lost a good guy.. air show acro demo pilot.. and working AirPac 135 package delivery pilot..

weather 300' and ice above 1000'

http://komo4.com/

Sorry to hear that Tom. Troy W posted the same story. These are the kinds of crashes that worry me most about my own flying. Unfortunately, we may never know the exact reason for the crash even though the NTSB will make their guess.

lancefisher said:
Sorry to hear that Tom. Troy W posted the same story. These are the kinds of crashes that worry me most about my own flying. Unfortunately, we may never know the exact reason for the crash even though the NTSB will make their guess.

It's a pretty much a for gone conclusion that he did the NDB into a circle to land, lost sight of the airport.

The weather here was (16 miles south west) WAY below mins, with rain showers mixed with sleet all the way to the ground.

We seem to loose one of the package guys every year due to weather related problems..Dec. Jan. Feb. can get nasty here in Puget Sound. Friday night was about as bad as it gets.

NC19143 said:
It's a pretty much a for gone conclusion that he did the NDB into a circle to land, lost sight of the airport.

The weather here was (16 miles south west) WAY below mins, with rain showers mixed with sleet all the way to the ground.

We seem to loose one of the package guys every year due to weather related problems..Dec. Jan. Feb. can get nasty here in Puget Sound. Friday night was about as bad as it gets.

Yuck. But why would anyone in their right mind CTL when the wx is as bad as it gets? Are the pressures to complete that strong?

lancefisher said:
Yuck. But why would anyone in their right mind CTL when the wx is as bad as it gets? Are the pressures to complete that strong?

Yes they

First let me say I am saddend by the loss and my condolances to the family, he will be missed by many.

Next I have to ask WHY? Why was this talented former NASA engineer, accomplished acrobatic pilot flying for a courier service? Just had to ask.

C-1 PILOT said:
First let me say I am saddend by the loss and my condolances to the family, he will be missed by many.

Next I have to ask WHY? Why was this talented former NASA engineer, accomplished acrobatic pilot flying for a courier service? Just had to ask.

Probably because he wanted to. I'm not sure, but he may even have owned the business.

Henning said:
Probably because he wanted to. I'm not sure, but he may even have owned the business.

nope, just makin a few bucks to support the su-coy (sp),

Back