Russian "Pilot" Thread

Palmpilot

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Richard Palm
I was disappointed to see that the thread from a Russian "pilot" who somehow made it to the Mexican border was apparently deleted rather than being closed, because it looked pretty entertaining. I guess I can see the logic, though, because he was essentially soliciting illegal activity, in the form of a fraudulent immigration letter of support from total strangers. Or maybe he was really just phishing for contact information from "rich" pilots. ;)

Was it really deleted by POA administrators? Or was it done by the government overseers lurking in the shadows who silently run the forum?

Suspicious minds demand an answer.

(Not that we can trust the answer...)

Was it really deleted by POA administrators? Or was it done by the government overseers lurking in the shadows who silently run the forum?
No, we didn't do it. :-|

Ron "The new Number Two" Wanttaja

Maybe it was deleted by the KGB, or whatever they're calling themselves these days. ;)

Last edited:
I was disappointed to see that the thread from a Russian "pilot" who somehow made it to the Mexican border was apparently deleted rather than being closed, because it looked pretty entertaining. I guess I can see the logic, though, because he was essentially soliciting illegal activity, in the form of a fraudulent immigration letter of support from total strangers. Or maybe he was really just phishing for contact information from "rich" pilots. ;)
I was disappointed too. I was leaning more towards phishing information.

If however he was legitimately (term used loosely) seeking a fraudulent support letter, he really didn't think things through, or he has no idea of how ICE works. They don't just take a letter, glance at it and stamp "approved" on the immigration request and move on. Whomever wrote that letter will be interviewed by ICE, probably in person, at which point it would be clear they have no connection with the individual, and the next interview will be in person, with a federal judge. Meanwhile, back at the US consulate in Mexico, they are probably going to slam our Ukrainian with a permanent entry bar to the US and the Mexican government will throw him on a Moscow bound Ilyushin.

I've gone through the process to get visas for Vietnamese nationals to visit the US for legitimate company business reasons. It involves interviews, minimum local bank balance requirements, and sometimes even bonds, and that's just for a travel visa.

I've gone through the process to get visas for Vietnamese nationals to visit the US for legitimate company business reasons. It involves interviews, minimum local bank balance requirements, and sometimes even bonds, and that's just for a travel visa.

You shoulda tried the K-1 visa, might have been a little easier... :lol:

You shoulda tried the K-1 visa, might have been a little easier... :lol:
No it's not! Not these days. ICE put the kibosh on marriage visas a couple decades ago. They can still be had, but it's a long process.

Back