Runway Safety Simulator

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
"The FAA’s Runway Safety Group is pleased to offer a new online simulator tool that can help pilots brush up on their taxi techniques. This online simulator is an interactive, self-guided resource designed to assist with teaching pilots surface safety best practices. It gives pilots the opportunity to practice navigating on airport surfaces while communicating with ATC. There are three increasingly difficult scenarios that test a pilot’s ability to follow ATC instructions and correctly acknowledge signs and markings at decision points while taxiing. Whether you’re a student pilot or a seasoned aviator, try it today and see if you’re cleared for departure..."

http://www.runwaysafetysimulator.com/

Appears that might be a good interactive exercise for a Student and CFI to review safe movement while on the ground.

"The FAA’s Runway Safety Group is pleased to offer a new online simulator tool that can help pilots brush up on their taxi techniques. This online simulator is an interactive, self-guided resource designed to assist with teaching pilots surface safety best practices. It gives pilots the opportunity to practice navigating on airport surfaces while communicating with ATC. There are three increasingly difficult scenarios that test a pilot’s ability to follow ATC instructions and correctly acknowledge signs and markings at decision points while taxiing. Whether you’re a student pilot or a seasoned aviator, try it today and see if you’re cleared for departure..."

http://www.runwaysafetysimulator.com/

Appears that might be a good interactive exercise for a Student and CFI to review safe movement while on the ground.

Seems like a good training aid. Only done secenario 1 so far. But, Rogue Tower. Rogue? Sumpin just sounds kinda wrong bout that

Maybe a Star Wars fan? (Rogue Squadron and Rogue One)

My son and I ran through it yesterday. It helped refresh my memory of how the tower gives complex taxi instructions with multiple runways in play. I have yet to fly into an airport with more than 2 runways and rarely have to cross a runway. Good refresher.

LOL I like it as a joke. But I will still fwd it to my student pilot friends.
This should be "easy as cake" or "piece of pie" for any rated pilot. If it is not, time to reflect and retrain.
The surroundings were pretty well done, IMHO, rwy markings, taxiway lines and surface, pretty realistic.
Enjoy!

It worked on my iPad 3 with iOS 9.x and the default Safari.
Which iPad and iOS do you have? You might want to:
A) reboot it
B) contact the publisher of the page if it still does not work (they would like to know for sure)

Worked on my iPad Pro 10.5 with the next to the latest update of the iOS

The PlaneEnglish app (for Android devices) may be another relevant tool to help out refreshing radio comms. While it does cost money, it's also available for free for some time.

upload_2018-12-24_8-56-34.gif
We have an illegal procedure: Attempted thread hijacking with first forum post. Offender owes the OP a burger and three beers at the next fly in. Second down.

Given the topic and original post I thought it’d be a useful and relevant addition...but hey, please disregard if you’all think it’s irrelevant!!

Given the topic and original post I thought it’d be a useful and relevant addition...but hey, please disregard if you’all think it’s irrelevant!!
Just poking fun about the content of your first post here.... most use that first post to introduce themselves. Doing that helps deflect the troll patrol.

....I’m new at this, so will try to extricate foot from mouth: I’m a private pilot, enough hours to get in trouble, and have gotten interested and busy developing some training tools for new pilots recently! Cheers all!

Back