Runway incursion detection system sales animation

Please describe. I don't get anything.

GA aircraft (radial taildragger) causes runway incursion, resulting in Big Iron being directed to change between two parallel runways, where he promptly proceeds to land much more than halfway down the runway through his own stupidity, rather than going around. Of course, they don't mention that the GA aircraft was probably cleared to cross the runway, since they only provide us with tower, not ground!

Of course, given the relative size of the planes, the GA must have been a good thousand feet ABOVE the airliner, or it's the biggest 2-seat, open cockpit plane I've ever seen!

Gosh, I didn't know any airport had parallel runways with both being the length of JFK 13R. That's the length it would take for this scenario to be even remotely possible.

Bias? Naww...

Stupidity? Loads of it.

I have the feeling that the animation was done by some exec's "wizard with computers" teenage son. Makes ya wonder if the actual product is in a similarly mature stage.

Makes a ringing endorsement to give these guys a few billion worth of contracts.

yeah, that's probably one of the dumbest animations that I've seen, selected images notwithstanding - no way in hell would they tell a plane on short final to switch to the parallel runway, the big iron would have been sent around the patch to be vectored in for another try.

Hey, they have a runway 90!

I want one of those!

OH AND making a right turn from rwy 18 puts them on rwy 90...

Good grief...

OH AND making a right turn from rwy 18 puts them on rwy 90...

Good grief...

That's what I noticed. I think any reputable airport manager, upon seeing THAT, would immediately choose a different company to deal with. Yeesh.

Looking at the technology and testimonials. I think that our buddy must have friend who's an inventor.

It's just a series of photoelectric sensors. They've been used in the alarm business for decades. Laser? Right. Patented my....

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure side-steps at <50' from over the numbers are frowned upon.

Did you notice how the baggage truck hauled a** after dropping the bag? (Takeoff debris)

LOL! Look at the takeoff one! The jet does an instant 90 degree turn on takeoff to use the intersecting runway the grubby taildragger just left! :goofy:

What, you dont have the 'Y' key in your panel so you can "slew" over or up when you're about to do something bad???? :goofy:

Did you notice how the baggage truck hauled a** after dropping the bag? (Takeoff debris)

Judging from what I've seen at LGA, that's actually not far from the truth...they don't want to get out for it, so they'll just speed off before anyone notices.

It is quite lucky for that plane, though, that the bag fell directly in front of one of the sensors...yeish, that could'a been bad just a few inches the other way!

I think the pilot of the taildragger should have blocked the wheels better before handpropping it. It seems to have taken off across the movement area with nobody on board.

As for the right turn, handy when you do have a runway 90.

Scary to think that people with so little understanding of aviation are developing aviation technology that they could wind up selling to someone. I think the only people who know less are the CEOs of the airlines.

Scary to think that people with so little understanding of aviation are developing aviation technology that they could wind up selling to someone. I think the only people who know less are the CEOs of the airlines.

We can hope that if they're that stupid they won't be able to properly fill out the forms in the FAA bid process.

Back