Runway Assessment and Condition Reporting, Effective October 1, 2016

Everskyward

Experimenter
Display Name

Display name:
Everskyward
I am only the messenger...

"The airport operator will use the RCAM to assess paved runway surfaces, report contaminants present, and through the assistance of the Federal NOTAM System, determine the numerical Runway Condition Codes (RwyCC) based on the RCAM. The RwyCCs apply to paved runways and may be the same or vary for each third of the runway depending on the type(s) of contaminants present. RwyCCs will replace Mu reports which will no longer be published in the NOTAM system. Additionally, contaminant coverage will be expressed in percentage terms for each third of the runway, beginning at the Runway end from which it was assessed. This is typically the runway end primarily in use.

Pilot braking action reports will continue to be solicited and will be used in assessing braking performance. Effective October 1, 2016, the terminology ”Fair” will be replaced by “Medium” and pilot braking action reports will now describe conditions as Good, Good to Medium, Medium, Medium to Poor, or NIL. This will harmonize the NAS with ICAO standards. "

Attachments

• new braking reports.pdf
    81.9 KB · Views: 7
(Rolls eyes...)

Oh goodie.

I think I'll stick to "got stopped", "almost didn't get stopped", and "holy ****!"

ha, all the while I am reading this I'm thinking I will query, 'does this have any thing to do with icao standards/procedures?'! (and there it is)

"Good, Medium, Poor"? What non-English-speaking yoyo thunk that up??? Medium is a size, it's got nothing to do with Good vs. Poor!

It sounds like they want everyone to line up and wait to be assimilated....

The same ones that brought us BR for "mist" and FU for "smoke"?
For some bizarre reason, the metoc world has long been asociated with the French language.

That is precisely why BR = mist, Fench word for mist is 'brouillard'

Smoke is Fumee in Fench.

For some bizarre reason, the metoc world has long been asociated with the French language.

That is precisely why BR = mist, Fench word for mist is 'brouillard'

Smoke is Fumee in Fench.

Remind me again, in the day of multi-MB wifi, why the FAA is still using 1960-era teletype abbreviations for anything?

Remind me again, in the day of multi-MB wifi, why the FAA is still using 1960-era teletype abbreviations for anything?

Isn't it obvious? There's one airport, somewhere, that still uses teletype! ;) Our newsroom had one in 1988 for AP wire news updates. Noisy thing, it was.

Back